Bowling Green Canoe and Kayak Message Board › "Permanent Loaners" Per Gander Mountain

"Permanent Loaners" Per Gander Mountain

A former member
Post #: 3
Hey Guys!

I've got a bit of good news I'd like to announce! We've managed to work out two loaner boats for the club on trip days. I have (with the help of my crew) setup two kayaks with some accessories beyond what they come with to help enhance new paddlers' experience on the water. Keep in mind the purpose of these are for paddlers who do not currently own boats. I am also coordinating getting my guys in the store out with you every trip. Mgmt. will be working with our associates and scheduling them off in rotation on trip days. I prefer and ask their presence not be that of a sales person when on the water for their sake and yours. I want them to experience the same enlightenment(esp the guys/gals that have not been paddling ever) I had when going for the first time. By all means if anyone has questions about assortment or what we've "loaned", cool, ask away... hopefully our knowledge will be of some assistance.

Availability: These boats will be available on the 2nd and 4th saturdays and any other meetup/paddling-51 coordinated event. I ask however in us allowing this that the person hauling the yaks be registered to the group. I understand some of these events extend past just saturday or are out of town. I am perfectly ok with them being picked up the night before or whenever appropriate as well as dropped back off the day after or when appropriate.

The last requirement will be that I will need to have waivers signed by the person(s) picking up and using the boats. One waiver will be acknowledging the product has been released/returned and UNconditional of scratches/use. The second waiver will be for the rider accepting personal responsibilites and relieving Gander Mountain of any repercussions due to misuse or accidents. I think you get the gist.

These will be available for the next paddle July 10th. Lane and myself will be attending and we'll be bringing our own boats, so the two loaners will be available.

We've started with an entry priced 9.6' and a slightly nicer 10.6' pkg:

PKG1:
Dirigo XT 106 Yellow
Bending Branches Whisper Ii 230
Brunton Kayak Compass
Basic Bailing Sponge
PFD Osprey:Sand/Black:M/L

PKG2:
Dimension Escapade 9.6 Cloud
Bending Branches Sunrise 230
PFD Adult Deluxe Sized:Green:L
Basic Bailing Sponge
Seal Line Dry Bag 10 - Smoke Tint
Bungee Deck Kit
Paddle Keeper (Double Pack)
Basic Paddle Leash

Alright, blast away please... comments, concerns, and feedback.

Malcolm

A former member
Post #: 26
What a very cool program!
matt w.
user 7706684
Group Organizer
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 23
Malcolm, I am the guy that suggested this idea to you. I would like to thank you for your effort. I have 15 years in sales and will work hard to ensure that new members go to Gander to purchase their first boat !
Thanks,
Matt Woodring
A former member
Post #: 4
It's exciting! Glad I could get into motion for the club! The possibilities are endless on what we could get in from the vendors depending on how this turns out. It's a turning stone as I don't think any retailer is behind this idea fully.
Pat
ThingsToDo
Alvaton, KY
Post #: 4
Thank you Malcolm and please thank Gander Mountain. The equipment looks excellent.
A former member
Post #: 5
You're welcome all.
A former member
Post #: 64
Yeah Malcolm!
A former member
Post #: 6
Hey Gang,

I just wanted to reconfirm eveyrthing is still a go for this weekend! I have had the waiver forms made and wanted to let everyone know we we will be bringing out the yaks. This will save anyone from having to haul'em. Lane, Gretchen, and myself are all rsvp'd! It looks like we've Dawn in one. Anyone else looking forward to paddling the other? Rest assure we will be bringing both along either way. I am just curious and want to say we still have one open before we get out w/ more people looking to use than we have yaks. :-)

Thanks in advance.
A former member
Post #: 28
I'll bring my own, but would love to paddle in something different to compare. So if it's available, I'll use it, but I don't need it...
A former member
Post #: 7
Thats cool, I do want to update you guys and say we have sold the packaged escapade... bummer :-( lol. However, we have made a substantial upgrade to the lineup going this weekend. The dirigo is going along with now a Perception Montour 11. We have attached a custom paddle holder on the side as seen in the picture. We have also tossed on board a bilge pump, 5L Seal Line Waterproof bag teathered just behind the seat, and made a slight modification to the front bungees. We've added an extra hook to the top of it to allow easier access to the top dry map/goody sack also by seal line. The PFD is a neoprene by Overtons and the paddle is a 230cm Bending Branches Sunrise. See you all this weekend!!!

Malcolm