addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bowling Green Canoe and Kayak Message Board › Do you know any good trips??? Post them here!

Do you know any good trips??? Post them here!

A former member
Post #: 6
Sounds good John - I'll post it for April. But if the drive is long, I may not be able to make it :(
John B.
user 7671064
Bowling Green, KY
We generally carpool with a canoe trailer. However, I will probably go over on Friday and take my motorhome. Mary, you've been around the world, a 130 mile drive shouldn't be that difficult.
Blake R.
user 9418564
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 2
I've always heard rough river dam to falls of rough is a nice half day trip. and that's only an hour north of here.

Also at some point I would like to do cumberland below the falls. I ran it in an inflatable kayak one time in the middle of the summer and it was very fun.
A former member
Post #: 18
Blake, thanks for the suggestion. What town does the Rough River start in?
Blake R.
user 9418564
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 3
It's called falls of rough. You would go up to grayson county to the tailwater of the lake and put in and take out down the road on highway 101 at falls of rough.
John H.
user 9287505
Newburgh, IN
Post #: 2
I have also paddled the Rough from Falls of Rough to Higway 54 and it is a nice run as well.
Blake R.
user 9418564
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 4
anybody ever do the red river gorge?

The duck river in tennessee isn't too far either.

My girlfriend and I are also going to do the hiwassee memorial day weekend. Three runs that are farther away.

I've never done any of them. Any of you know anything about them?
A former member
Post #: 48
Blake I have paddled many miles of the Duck and it is a great river. it changes a lot from it's head waters to where it flows into the KY lake. If you are interested and down this way I can tell you some good places, and if you want company I can most likely find a couple of people to come along.
A former member
I am going to lead a trip on Bledsoe Creek in gallatin TN on sunday afternoon the 3rd I have posted it with the Nashville paddle adventures group but it is about 45 min south of bowling green to this spot. It should be a solid class 2 run tomorrow everyone should have solid self rescue skills, a helmet and plan to get wet. I intent to meet n the hwy 25 boat ramp east of gallatin about 1pm to set up shuttle. interest persons e-mail me at tknapp@hughes.net or call 337-2505. If fewer than 5 boaters are interested I will likely not go.
Gabriel B.
user 9696839
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 1
New to this board and the site actually, but I have some trips I have taken that might be of interest. Not sure how you are for traveling out of state, but Lake Fontana is a great paddle. I paddled into eagle creek and stayed at the lost cove site (I think that was what it was called). It has a trout stream for the people who like rainbow trout for breakfast and an excellent smallmouth fishery in the lake. It also has some of the most beautiful views of any lake I have ever been too, basically the Smokey's run right into it.