Austin Area Pagan Heathen Collective Message Board › Pagan Burial Customs

Pagan Burial Customs

Star F.
Pflugerville, TX
Post #: 21

We've been contacted by Eloise Woods Community Natural Burial Park, a green cemetary, to help with best meeting a young woman's purchase of a plot for her mother, who is currently in hospice and unable to communicate.

They are curious about things like which direction should the grave be dug and how is the body dressed and so forth.

I explained that Pagan covers a lot and mentioned that it would be nice to know if there were specific traditions or cultural focus the mother pursued. Still, I invited her to the meet up and assured her we would be happy to help.

Meanwhile, if you have any awareness of specific traditions for burial customs, please consider posting them so that I can collect and share them back with Ellen. Because I have to admit, my beliefs are it matters not what is done with the flesh once the spirit departs, so I have not pursued customs only what is my own preferences.

Thanks everyone.