Pagan Learning Center Message Board › Ask Lady Raven

Ask Lady Raven

A former member
Post #: 2
Wow, you are good :)
Thanks for your response, it is more than I hoped for. I am going to soak in what you wrote and get back to you with my thoughts. In the meantime, I really like your suggestion of being 'transparent', and I will give it a try.
Happy New Year,
Claudia
Lady R.
user 7296114
Greenfield, MA
Post #: 39
Greetings Claudia: You are most welcome.
When you are ready to delve into this matter further... i will be here
I hope you feel better in knowing that you are not alone in the world of sensing other people all the time.
Thank you for the compliment... My skills and Knowledge are here for everyone
Lady Raven
A former member
Post #: 2
Lady Raven,
I hope you can help me understand what is happening in my life recently.

Here is a brief synopsis
Merry Meet Lady Raven.
I am sort of backing into my heritage as a witch kicking and screaming. I cannot avoid my fate in this even though I have tried. And so I am reading and studying to learn more about Wicca.
My question is this and will require a little background which will also tell why I am kicking and screaming so to speak.

I am what is called Famtrad. My father and grandfather (the same person BTW) is (or was as he is dead in the physical world anyway) a witch. His name if it matters was harl Wolfe. I would call him warlock as he only used what infuence he had for bad and was a particularly violent welch man. I have nost of my life been withdrawn and solitary, enjoying nature much more than people and living as close to the land as I could manage. I have always been able to feel the power in the earth and touch it in certain places (which I now know as ley lines) I never accepted my power and have tried to just live my life even going to the christian church. In the past few years I have found that I infuence things even without trying. Others have felt I draw power from them and that at need I give them power. A wiccan initiate who thought her family was cursed is my friend. She claims to see. She says I have four spirit gurrdians around me at all times. Anyhow, and I know this is getting long, she has suffered a lot of ill health and carried this curse which has taken the form of an object in their home which could not be touched or removed by the will of the family...no one could make themselves touch it She was so destraught on a recent hike in ma that I felt called to touch her. She my friend Leah and I held hands and I asked the Goddess to help me help her if that was possible. She sears not only to be helped with the curse but that when she got home the object (a picture of her grandmother) was removed from the home and is gone.

Is this possible? I mean I am not even level 1 or anything and know little about what can be. She claims one of my guradians a "wolf" one of almost prehistoric size "Bit" it out of her.

I know I need to find a Priestess to learn with and be guided by. In my studies I am drawn to two Goddesses Hecate and The Morrigan.

Blessed be
Lady R.
user 7296114
Greenfield, MA
Post #: 94
Greetings Lady deborah:
Thank you for your Question
If by "Famtrad".. you mean Family Tradition.. It appears clear that If i were to choose between a book smart, book taught witch who executes spells and energetic disciplines with exacting perfection..
or a Natural witch who follows her intuition and feelings on what is proper and right when faced with a spell or decision... your probably closer to the second..
that said.. there is much to be said about the power that is available to a serious and concerned mind, worried about a close friend when you know the risks involved in the background. The request of the goddess and taking her hand in the prayer was a powerful moment.
I personally have 7 guides (spirit guardians). different people have differing amounts. point is there are no points for quantity.. its quality.. both quality of relationship with your guides and how much they have to offer.
the form the guides (guardians) take is immaterial a wolf, a person or other isn't the point. they appear in any form that means something to you that you can invest in and believe.
I have to say im still in two minds on why you are "kicking and screaming"?
sure the open minded nature of all energy manipulators finds them in strange predicaments.. the point is who else better to address the problem and find a solution.
seems to me you have a good start and a strong foundation. Congratulations on the gift of magick and being one of us... more a time for discovery and celebration than worry
If you have any further questions please feel free to post again.
Blessed Be
Lady Raven

Here is a brief synopsis
Merry Meet Lady Raven.
I am sort of backing into my heritage as a witch kicking and screaming. I cannot avoid my fate in this even though I have tried. And so I am reading and studying to learn more about Wicca.
My question is this and will require a little background which will also tell why I am kicking and screaming so to speak.

I am what is called Famtrad. My father and grandfather (the same person BTW) is (or was as he is dead in the physical world anyway) a witch. His name if it matters was harl Wolfe. I would call him warlock as he only used what infuence he had for bad and was a particularly violent welch man. I have nost of my life been withdrawn and solitary, enjoying nature much more than people and living as close to the land as I could manage. I have always been able to feel the power in the earth and touch it in certain places (which I now know as ley lines) I never accepted my power and have tried to just live my life even going to the christian church. In the past few years I have found that I infuence things even without trying. Others have felt I draw power from them and that at need I give them power. A wiccan initiate who thought her family was cursed is my friend. She claims to see. She says I have four spirit gurrdians around me at all times. Anyhow, and I know this is getting long, she has suffered a lot of ill health and carried this curse which has taken the form of an object in their home which could not be touched or removed by the will of the family...no one could make themselves touch it She was so destraught on a recent hike in ma that I felt called to touch her. She my friend Leah and I held hands and I asked the Goddess to help me help her if that was possible. She sears not only to be helped with the curse but that when she got home the object (a picture of her grandmother) was removed from the home and is gone.

Is this possible? I mean I am not even level 1 or anything and know little about what can be. She claims one of my guradians a "wolf" one of almost prehistoric size "Bit" it out of her.

I know I need to find a Priestess to learn with and be guided by. In my studies I am drawn to two Goddesses Hecate and The Morrigan.

Blessed be

A former member
Post #: 3
Thank you for your insightful answer. It does hit the mark. As to "kicking and screaming" I meant emotionally as I am afraid because of how my family has used our gifts. If you think about it having a history of using it for bad does make one think long and hard before touching ones gifts. They can be a two edged sword. That said I do not think I have it in me to harm. I am very pacific and empathetic in nature.
I have found local practioners to study with and, in a closed circle during Samhain I asked for forgiveness for my family and said words forgiving Harl for the harm he caused me. I needed to do that as part of my healing and to become more centered.

I feel blessed in that I have found a local group to study with. Thank You\ Blessed be

Greetings Lady deborah:
Thank you for your Question
If by "Famtrad".. you mean Family Tradition.. It appears clear that If i were to choose between a book smart, book taught witch who executes spells and energetic disciplines with exacting perfection..
or a Natural witch who follows her intuition and feelings on what is proper and right when faced with a spell or decision... your probably closer to the second..
that said.. there is much to be said about the power that is available to a serious and concerned mind, worried about a close friend when you know the risks involved in the background. The request of the goddess and taking her hand in the prayer was a powerful moment.
I personally have 7 guides (spirit guardians). different people have differing amounts. point is there are no points for quantity.. its quality.. both quality of relationship with your guides and how much they have to offer.
the form the guides (guardians) take is immaterial a wolf, a person or other isn't the point. they appear in any form that means something to you that you can invest in and believe.
I have to say im still in two minds on why you are "kicking and screaming"?
sure the open minded nature of all energy manipulators finds them in strange predicaments.. the point is who else better to address the problem and find a solution.
seems to me you have a good start and a strong foundation. Congratulations on the gift of magick and being one of us... more a time for discovery and celebration than worry
If you have any further questions please feel free to post again.
Blessed Be
Lady Raven

Here is a brief synopsis
Merry Meet Lady Raven.

Blessed be

Lady R.
user 7296114
Greenfield, MA
Post #: 96
Greetings again Lady deborah:

I would like to present an idea for your consideration...
Magick is neither black nor white but it is in the mind of the practitioner and intent tword good will or not that colors the presentation of the pure potential of magick into color.. white magick for healing.. black magick for curses.
don't judge the potential for magick or the gift to wield it as evil, dark or bad just because some have chosen that path before you. YOU create your own reality and your place in it by your thoughts and actions.
Forgiveness may be a blessing but faith both in yourself and what you know is good and right, will one day be looked back upon by others as more than a blessing.. perhaps more of a calling.
Good to hear you have found others to study with.. as long as your sure they have the same goals and walk the path of light... i wish you well with them.
and as always, I am here if you have any questions...

(from before)
Thank you for your insightful answer. It does hit the mark. As to "kicking and screaming" I meant emotionally as I am afraid because of how my family has used our gifts. If you think about it having a history of using it for bad does make one think long and hard before touching ones gifts. They can be a two edged sword. That said I do not think I have it in me to harm. I am very pacific and empathetic in nature.
I have found local practioners to study with and, in a closed circle during Samhain I asked for forgiveness for my family and said words forgiving Harl for the harm he caused me. I needed to do that as part of my healing and to become more centered.