Southeastern PA Nerd Herd Message Board › the next Chris Nolan/ DC Comics film

the next Chris Nolan/ DC Comics film

David C
user 13954635
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 29
I went to see the Dark Knight Rises and the previews had the next film for summer 2013 from Chris Nolan. Another freakin' Superman Movie!
Like we need one. They'll probably do a origin story since nobody knows the origin of Superman.
DC's got a large group of hero's to choose from and who gets the movies? Superman and Batman. What about Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Arrow or even the Justice League? sure they tried Green Lantern but it wasn't a serious effort. Yes Nolan did a very good job with Batman. This last movie was good, however I personally didn't care for his version of Bane and I have always felt especially with the previous series of Batman movies that too many villains spoil the movie.
I was looking at the DC Comics site and How about Cyborg? He's African-American- Give a Brother a Chance.
How about the Titans? Do an ensemble movie Robin, Cyborg, Beastboy, Raven, and Starfire. Make them multi cultural. Draw in a bigger group of potential fans.
Marvel's been doing a great job with their cast of characters. They could now do a movie with Iron Spiderman.
Sure Marvel hasn't done anything as dark as the Dark Knight but they found what works and took some of their less popular heroes and brought them into the forefront for people to see and get interested in.
Pete
user 9712644
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 19
I actually heard that someone may be doing a Plastic-man movie. This is not the same as the fantastic 4 guy. http://en.wikipedia.o...­ Plasticman was not around very long due to the artist, Jack Cole, dieing but it was very funny. http://en.wikipedia.o...­ Most people knew Jack's work from his cartoons in Playboy magazine.

If they make a Plasticman movie and it's Jack's Cole's humor I will want to see it.

I think it takes so many millions to make a movie today that the studios don't want to take much in the way of risks. The last few Batman movies made money so it looks like a safe bet. Remake, Redo, Continue. Unfortunately art and innovation suffer.

Pete
David C
user 13954635
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 30
First thanks for reading my rant.
Second i agree that hollywood has become as Ed Rendell would put it a bunch of wussies.
I remember the Plasticman cartoons from about 30 years ago. He's shown up in the recent Batman B &B cartoons but mostly as a very minor character. If the do a movie the audience might skew 30+.

it is a shame that the most popular comic book heros are part of DC and Marvel any they are exclusive with their respective studios. A smaller studio would probably be willing to take a chance on comic book movie and it would have potential to be better because it would depend more on story, script and acting than on special effects.