We just got over the busy holiday season and life never seems to slow down... so, why not take one less stress out of your day by having dinners already prepped and ready to go in the New Year?
* Amanda is having her baby right around this time and will be unable to attend, but if anyone would like to make an extra meal for her that would be appreciated and Alyssa will make sure she gets it. This is optional!
This month's theme:No theme - make what you want!
Think cookie exchange but with freezer meals!
A freezer meal exchange will help us have several easy, delicious meals to quickly get on the table on busy nights.
Date: Monday, January 20, 2014
RSVP's will close the Friday night prior to the date of the meetup due to meal prep and grocery shopping
Time: 8:30 pm
Alyssa will have some snacks and drinks (feel free to bring something to share if you'd like, but it's not necessary) and we plan to go around and share what each person made around 9:00 PM
Location: Alyssa's House
[masked]th ST SE
Snohomish, WA 98296
Who is Invited: This is a night just for the ladies!
It's usually ok if you need to bring a non-mobile baby. Just make sure to double check with Alyssa first.
What to Bring:
• 10 portions of the meal you choose to exchange (or however many are RSVP'd for this exchange - 10 max)
- Each meal should be individually packaged in foil pans, freezer bags, etc - whatever is the easiest, best way to store and/or cook your dish
- Each meal should serve at least a family of 4
- Each meal should be ready to go directly into the freezer, if not already frozen
- Each meal should be labeled with:
* Name of the dish
* Date made
* Day-of cooking instructions
• A container to transport your meals to and from the swap - a cooler probably would be best
Sign-Up List: Please choose a freezer meal to make and bring to exchange. Let us know what you will be bringing when you RSVP so that we can avoid duplicates. A link to a recipe is helpful too.
Other Info: Make what you like, but please try to avoid super processed ingredients like cream of soups and flavoring packets (onion soup mix, ranch seasoning, etc.)
Maybe try to stay somewhat kid-friendly, although that means different things to different kids, so just make something you think your kid would eat.
Pinterest has a ton of ideas!
Note: It may be a little challenging if you have special dietary restrictions (vegetarian, dairy-free, etc) in this kind of a group, so keep that in mind.
Limited to 10 members
Host Contact: Alyssa
Please call or text if you have any questions, are running late, can't find her house or are no longer able to come at the last minute. Thanks!