The Paris New In Town Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for roommate starting July/Aug 2012, 80 m2 apt. in Paris 13th

Looking for roommate starting July/Aug 2012, 80 m2 apt. in Paris 13th

A former member
Post #: 87
Hi,

My roommate and I are looking for a replacement roommate in a 3-people-shared-apartment we’ve been living in for 2 years now.
The apartment is 80m2, and is located at Gobelins (halfway between rue Mouffetard and Place d’Italie) in Paris 13th.
For now we’re 3 roommates (1 female, 2 male) but the other guy will be leaving soon (July/August 2012), so we’re looking for a new roommate afterwise.
There are 3 bedrooms, one bathroom, one kitchen and one living room (all separated rooms), and of course the next roommate will get the bedroom my soon ex-roommate currently lives in.
The available room has a nice wooden floor, and is on the yard side, within a very bright apartment with an ideal location.

Rent/person is approx. 550€/month (including utilities/electricity/internet/etc). The apartment wasn’t formerly furnished but each of us brought something, so the next roommate should bring something useful also (or buy something back from my leaving roommate), for instance a washing machine or a microwave or a sofa, since my soon ex-roommate might take those back.
My leaving roommate would leave taking all his stuff back, which means his room would not be furnished at all (to be discussed with him directly).

Since the rental contract has already been settled, there’s no agency fees to pay, but the contract has to be updated with the new roommate so the agency charges 200€ for this, and of course there is a 500€ safety deposit (caution) to be made. A garantor (garant) is required. For foreigners with no French garantor, please check out the government garantor service, called "LocaPass" (the garantor for you would be a bank, using the LocaPass system).

Basically we’re looking for somebody from our age (23-30 years old), preferably a girl (guys can make it though), and somebody who is friendly, clean and respectful of other people's space. Being a non-French foreigner is a plus (but some French language basic skills are required though) (provided you got everything sorted out with paperwork and garantor and overall guarantees and whatnots), being a musician/artist too...
!!! beware : non-smoking apartment !!!
!!! since looking for a new roommate, dealing with paperwork and organizing the replacement is a big deal, having said roommate leave only after a couple of months is very frustrating for us. In other words : we're looking for a long-term roommate (one year minimum, more is even better) !!!

Since our roommate is leaving soon (July/August 2012), we’d like to choose our next roommate within a month or so (which means by the end of May 2012), in order to be ok for paperwork and whatnots.

We already started to spot some possible friends for replacement, but nothing has been settled yet, so if you’re interested (or one of your friends is), you can message me back or call me or spread the word :

Gabriel : 06 21 36 77 65
gabriel_nodetATyahoo.fr

That’s pretty much it !

++

Gabriel
A former member
Post #: 15

Hi Gabriel,

I am coming for my 2nd year of master at INSEEC business school in July-August and looking for a room.
How big is the room? Is there a metro nearby and which one?
Although I am still in Copenhagen at the moment, and not sure how we can work out the documents. Any ideas? But keep me in mind anyway.

Kind regards
Natalya

Hi,

My roommate and I are looking for a replacement roommate in a 3-people-shared-apartment we’ve been living in for 2 years now.
The apartment is 80m2, and is located at Gobelins (halfway between rue Mouffetard and Place d’Italie) in Paris 13th.
For now we’re 3 roommates (1 female, 2 male) but the other guy will be leaving soon (July/August 2012), so we’re looking for a new roommate afterwise.
There are 3 bedrooms, one bathroom, one kitchen and one living room (all separated rooms), and of course the next roommate will get the bedroom my soon ex-roommate currently lives in.
The available room has a nice wooden floor, and is on the yard side, within a very bright apartment with an ideal location.

Rent/person is approx. 550€/month (including utilities/electricity/internet/etc). The apartment wasn’t formerly furnished but each of us brought something, so the next roommate should bring something useful also (or buy something back from my leaving roommate), for instance a washing machine or a microwave or a sofa, since my soon ex-roommate might take those back.
My leaving roommate would leave taking all his stuff back, which means his room would not be furnished at all (to be discussed with him directly).

Since the rental contract has already been settled, there’s no agency fees to pay, but the contract has to be updated with the new roommate so the agency charges 200€ for this, and of course there is a 500€ safety deposit (caution) to be made. A garantor (garant) is required. For foreigners with no French garantor, please check out the government garantor service, called "LocaPass" (the garantor for you would be a bank, using the LocaPass system).

Basically we’re looking for somebody from our age (23-30 years old), preferably a girl (guys can make it though), and somebody who is friendly, clean and respectful of other people's space. Being a non-French foreigner is a plus (but some French language basic skills are required though) (provided you got everything sorted out with paperwork and garantor and overall guarantees and whatnots), being a musician/artist too...
!!! beware : non-smoking apartment !!!
!!! since looking for a new roommate, dealing with paperwork and organizing the replacement is a big deal, having said roommate leave only after a couple of months is very frustrating for us. In other words : we're looking for a long-term roommate (one year minimum, more is even better) !!!

Since our roommate is leaving soon (July/August 2012), we’d like to choose our next roommate within a month or so (which means by the end of May 2012), in order to be ok for paperwork and whatnots.

We already started to spot some possible friends for replacement, but nothing has been settled yet, so if you’re interested (or one of your friends is), you can message me back or call me or spread the word :

Gabriel : 06 21 36 77 65
gabriel_nodetATyahoo.fr

That’s pretty much it !

++

Gabriel