The Greater Paris Tennis Group Message Board › Special Event - Sunday September 9th
|A former member||
Hello tennis fans,
The Standard Athletic Club is hosting a "classic" day on Sunday the 9th to celebrate classic cars and "olde tyme" tennis - the kind with those wooden racquets!
An agenda an a link is attached to this message. Basically there will be four courts and doubles play so 64 players are needed/expected. Don't worry if you don't have an old racquet, they have a cache of them - enough for everyone.
Along with the tennis it is an open day with BBQ, refreshments, gifts and prizes handed out by the British Ambassador. There are a few details to note: One is that you need to wear whites, if you have some thing old and white bring it out but modern whites work fine too. Sign up is in the morning (before noon) and the play begins at 1pm.
This looks like a great day and we are all invited. I'm planning on it and if you are as well pipe up and maybe we can connect on the courts.
Here is the agenda followed by a link to the website for more information, directions and all that.
Sunday 9 Septembre 2012 - Dimanche 9 septembre 2012 - Open Day
• 9am - 11am Arrival (Gates closing at 11am) / Arrivée des voitures (11h fermeture de la grille)
• 9am – 11.30am Welcome Coffee & Cakes in the Club House/ Café, Thé & Cakes de bienvenue dans le Club House
• 12pm Speech / Discours
• 12h15pm The Great Car Ball per Brand/ Le Grand Bal des Voitures par marques
• 12.30pm – 2pm Picnic & BBQ / Piquenique & BBQ (Venez avec un Picnic! Ou possibilité de se restaurer sur place pour 10€.)
• 1 pm Old Tennis Racquet Tournament Starts / Début du tournoi de vieilles raquettes en bois (Vêtu en blanc)
• 2pm Enjoying the club , car owners chat & games / Proﬁtez du club, discussions de collectionneurs & jeux
• 3.30pm The Great Car Ball / Le Grand Bal des Voitures
• 4pm Tea Time! Tea and cakes / Thé et gâteaux
• 4.15 pm Vote for cars / Vote des plus belles voitures
• 4.30pm Awards / Remise des prix
• 5pm Open Departure / Départ
To get all the details and location please visit the Standard Athletic Club website at :www.saclub.org.