addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Park Slope Knitting Circle Message Board › ETSY event: Selling Yourself Without Selling Out: Making it as an Artist in

ETSY event: Selling Yourself Without Selling Out: Making it as an Artist in the Digital Age

Archie
user 4083771
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 43
My name is Marny Smith and I'm the Community Manager for NY Creative Interns, a group dedicated to enabling college students and recent grads to find internships, mentors, and inspiration through networking and meetups. I wanted to let you know about an event we are having next week that I think
your meetup members would be interested in. I'm including the details below if you'd like to spread the word to them. We'd love to have you attend. If there's anything I can do to help
you reach out, please let me know. Thank you so much for your time.

--------------------------------------­--------------------------
NY Creative Interns is extremely excited to be hosting our 4th
meetup at Etsy Labs in DUMBO!

What: Selling Yourself Without Selling Out: Making it as an
Artist in the Digital Age

When: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:30 PM

Price: $5.00 per creative

Where: Etsy Labs
55 Washington St, Suite 712
NY, NY 10012

In a world where digital rules, how can you take your creative project and do something with it? If you call yourself an artist (and we're all artists in our own right) - what are the best ways to make the digital landscape your friend? Join NY Creative Interns and Etsy to hear a panel of artists share
insight and discuss how even the most traditional art forms can have a place in the digital age.

Panelists:
Ruben Quinones // Director of New Media, Pathinteractive, NYU
Adjunct Professor
Jacob Krupnick // Girl Walk All Day, Shootbooth
Parris Whittingham // New York Wedding Photographer
Katherine Barna // Communications Director, Tumblr

Highlights!

Free refreshments!
Photobooth by Galo Delgado of The Photobooth Project
Etsy Photobooth with prints made on-site
Free copies of Use Your Head to Get Your Foot in the Door: Job
Search Secrets No one Else Will Tell You