Park Slope Knitting Circle Message Board › Where do you like to go to buy your knitting supplies and yarn?

Where do you like to go to buy your knitting supplies and yarn?

Archie
user 4083771
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 1
For supplies, nothing beats www.knitpicks.com! They have the best interchangeable knitting set out. smile For a small upfront investment, you get a whole set of needle that you can grow into and that would cost at least $300 if you bought separately.

If you want just one needle, Knit Away on Atlantic Ave and Bond Street has the largest selection that I have seen in NYC.

For yarn, I would have to say The Yarntree in Williamsburg or Knit NY on 14th Street in Manhattan (they carry Malabrigo and Misti Alpaca yarn).
A former member
Post #: 26
I made the trek out to Brooklyn General Store in Red Hook the other day and have to say, it rocks!
The space is large and the atmosphere very friendly. Also, they are right across the street from the drool-worthy Fernando's Focacceria.

I haven't been there yet, but School Products in the 20's and B'way in Manhattan has great customer service esp. to newbies. My newbie-knitter friend told me this herself when she visited with a list of questions. That's just her way.

smile
A former member
I go to Smileys in Queens .
A former member
I go to several, JoAnn's, Knit Picks, A.C. Moore (as well as their Glendale, NY store). When I want cones, I go to School Products. But, for hard-to-find specialty knit and crochet tools, my place to go would be Knit-A-Way on Atlantic Av. and Bond Street. There are just so many places to go. I've been to every store that all of you have mentioned. What I story to tell.
A former member
Post #: 12
I like A.C. Moore and Knit New York. The staff at Knit NY is very friendly and helpful.
A former member
Sadly I don't know a lot of knitting supplies and yarn places here in the city as of yet. crying The only two place I do know about are Save-A-Thon on Flatbush and Wal*Mart on the Queens/Long Island boarder. If anyone wants to give me some helpful tips of where there are some places near either downtown Brooklyn (I noticed that there is one posted already) or another one in the Flatbush area of Brooklyn, that it would be very helpful to me! I enjoyed the meet up yesterday. This was my first time going to any kind of meetup. I didn't know what to expect, but I sure can say that I do nowsmile!