align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Park Slope Knitting Circle Message Board › Rhinebeck FAQs and a Poll

Rhinebeck FAQs and a Poll

Archie
user 4083771
Brooklyn, NY
Greetings Rhinbeckers,

The time has almost arrived. In two days, we will ALL be surrounded by woolly goodness. =) In preparation of the trip, I just thought I would send you all an email answering some lingering questions you might have. Also, to help with communication and to address possible problems, I am giving you all my cell # (917-873-0228). I ask that you email me your cell numbers ASAP.

Next, due to the long travel time, I plan on showing two moves on the trip. Please go to the website and vote at the polls. Select two choices.

Finally, I am uploading an excel file (made by a fellow Ravelry person) that list all the vendors and their locations at Rhinebeck. Check it out. I will be giving you an abbreviated version on Saturday.

-Archie

a.) Where and when are we meeting?
We are meeting at 7AM in front of Sweet Melissa's at 175 7th Avenue between 1st and 2nd Street. Please arrive on time. The bus will arrive at 7AM. The sooner everyone boards, the sooner we will leave. For those of you who have a propensity of being late... uh... the bus will leave without you! Wake up early and call me if you are running a little behind.

b.) Is there parking?
YES, but it is Park Slope, so would not say it is plentiful. If you insist on driving, you will probably have to drive around the block, so allot some extra time to find a spot.

c.) How do I get there?
If you are taking the train, we are 5 blocks from both the Q and F train's "7th avenue" train stops. For specifics and approximate travel time, check out www.hopstop.com. It's a great website.

d.) Can I get something to eat in the morning?
At 7AM on Saturday, most stores, including Sweet Melissa's, are closed. Diagonally across the street, there is a Starbucks that should be open. That is where I will be since I plan to arrive by 6:30 AM.

e.) When are we leaving Rhinebeck and heading home?
Aim to get back to the bus by 4:45 PM, so that we can depart no later then 5 PM.

f.) What time will we be back in Brooklyn?
Assuming a reasonable amount of traffic, we should be home before 8 PM.

g.) What's the best way to buy stuff at Rhinebeck?
I have been told that many vendors take both credit and cash, but that cash is usually preferred and is quicker. So, bring a FAT wallet.

h.) I like to shop around and compare prices. Is that a good strategy?
NO! If you see a skein of yarn you love, BUY it ASAP. Chances are, you won't find a cheaper price and by the time you circle around, the yarn you wanted will be sold out.

i) How should I dress?
The majority of the festival is outdoors. So, check the weather and dress accordingly. Moreover, its a big place, so wear comfortable foot wear.

l) Will there be enough space to carry my Rhinebeck haul home?
Of course silly, that's why we got a bus. =)