Park Slope Knitting Circle Message Board › Secret Santa FAQs

Secret Santa FAQs

Archie
user 4083771
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 29
Greetings Knitters,

All this beautiful weather has confused my brain. I have to remind myself that it is November (not September), prime knitting season and that Christmas is 7 weeks away. Personally, I haven't even started my Christmas knitting and foresee many late nights ahead.

Regardless of our Christmas obligations, I think we knitters have been good (always knitting for other and not ourselves) and I think we are due a treat. =) Join this year's Secret Santa and have someone knit FOR YOU!!!

Below are a list of questions and answer to explain how this Secret Santa Works.

1)How does the Secret Santa Work?

Each person who signs up will be expected to knit / crochet / make an item for someone, as well as receive an item.

Each participant will fill out a questionnaire listing their preference. I will randomly assign each participant a "secret santa." You will have 5 weeks to make whatever item. Use the person's preference sheet as a guide.

2.) One Skein?

Yes, you are to use the equivalent of ONE skein to make the item (Two, if you are using very small skeins). If you use multiple colors, the total yardage should be no more than one skein. For ideas, look at "One Skein Wonders." Any one-skein item is fair game: socks, hat, skinny scarf, mittens, table cloth, etc...

3.) Do I have to buy yarn?

No, feel free to use yarn from your stash. This is not meant to be a financial burden, just a fun activity.

4.) How do I sign-up?

Attached to this email is a word document. Download it, fill it out and mail it back to me at archietaz AT mac.com. I will also post the questionnaire on the message board.

5.) Deadlines?

Please fill out the questionnaires and email them to me by Wednesday night. I will assign people starting at the meet-up on Thursday. If you don't attend, I will email you your secret santa.

You will have 5 weeks to complete the project. Projects will be exchanged at the Thursday, December 17th, meet-up. If you can't attend, please submit your project early and arrangements will be made to send you your present.

6.) Backing out?

If you must, you must. But please, sooner than later. Ditching at the last minute is NOT cool.

7.) More Info?

I hope I answered your questions and that the questionnaire will give you ideas as to what to knit for your "secret santa." Feel free to start a discussion on our message board

Take Care,
-Archie
Archie
user 4083771
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 30

Questionnaire

To sign up, fill out the questionnaire and email it back to me. If that is a problem, copy and paste the questionnaire into an email. My address is “archietaz AT me.com.”

Your full name:

Sex

Meet-up username:

Your blog address (if applicable):

Ravelry id (if applicable):

Favorite color(s):

Least favorite color(s):

Favorite yarn/type of yarn to wear:

Least favorite yarn/type of yarn to wear:

Any favorite pattern you wish you had, but didn't necessarily have to knit?

Any pattern that you don't like?

Any allergies or yarn issues we should be aware of (wool allergy, pets, etc):

Do you own a pet?

Are you willing to be a back up knitter in case someone has to pull out?

US shoe size:

Head circumference

Glove Size
Olga
user 7293489
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 6

Questionnaire

To sign up, fill out the questionnaire and email it back to me. If that is a problem, copy and paste the questionnaire into an email. My address is “archietaz AT me.com.”

Your full name:Olga Conner

Sex F

Meet-up username: Olga

Your blog address (if applicable):

Ravelry id (if applicable):

Favorite color(s): Any shade of brown

Least favorite color(s):

Favorite yarn/type of yarn to wear: merino blends

Least favorite yarn/type of yarn to wear: acrylic

Any favorite pattern you wish you had, but didn't necessarily have to knit? Any

Any pattern that you don't like? none

Any allergies or yarn issues we should be aware of (wool allergy, pets, etc): none

Do you own a pet? yes

Are you willing to be a back up knitter in case someone has to pull out? no

US shoe size: 8

Head circumference 22

Glove Size "L"