We are a group dedicated to writing, finishing, and publishing a novel, memoir, or short story. We critique each others' work and serve as a support group for helping writers plot, organize, and publish their writing. We meet at the San Rafael and the Silver Lake Library. The format goes like this: At 9:30 or 10 a.m., the library opens. There is a 10-15 min chat on the day's subject. At 10:15 or 10:45, we begin the critiques.
The submission format is as follows:
(1) submit up to 10 pages, double-spaced
(2) use 1" margins all around;
(3) use 12-point Times New Roman or Courier font
(4) save files in MS Word format. PDFs okay. (5) number the pages
(6) be sure that the book's title and your name are the header.
(7) give your file name this format: FirstnameLastname-TitleOfBook-Genre-DateOfCritique.docx
If you are in the middle of the story, please write a single-spaced introductory paragraph or two outlining major plot points so far and the theme of the work. Include short bios for two or three major characters.
Submissions are due at 11:59 p.m. a week and a day (Friday night) before the Saturday meeting. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put "Submission" in the subject line. You will receive instructions on how to download submissions for your reading and critique.
We divide the critique time by the number of submissions so that all writers get equal time.