You're invited to our last film of 2010! Before the film we'll have Italian film trivia with door prizes for the winning answers and after the film we'll have a small reception. Ferzan Özpetek directed the film we're screening. The film received 12 nominations at the David di Donatello awards, where Barbora Bobulova won the Best Actress award.
Titolo originale: Cuore sacro
Regia: Ferzan Ozpetek
Durata: 116 minuti
Lingua: In Italian with English subtitles
Synopsis: This is the story of a workaholic businesswomen Irene who experiences the loss of two of her friends by suicide. This loss, combined with her desire to sell off a piece of property that includes the living quarters of her eccentric mother, ends up sending her on a journey of emotional and spiritual transformation.
Sinossi: Irene Ravelli ha ereditato dal padre non solo il patrimonio, ma anche uno spiccato senso degli affari. Ottenuto il dissequestro dell'antico Palazzetto di famiglia, Irene scopre che una delle stanze, abitate un tempo dalla madre, è rimasta intatta come se la donna ci abitasse ancora. Il fantasma della madre e l'incontro con una straordinaria bambina, Benny, generano in Irene un conflitto che la porta ad un totale cambiamento.
Progetto per l'evento:
- 4:00 pm Sign in, enjoy complimentary beverages and popcorn during the film.
- 4:15 pm: Program begins with introductions and Italian film trivia
- 4:20 pm: Film begins
- 5:30 pm: The film will be followed by a small reception.
- 7:30 pm: Time to say "arrivederci"
Trailer: Getting to Letelier Theater:
- $8 online with your RSVP here. Advance ticket purchase is the only guarantee of a seat. If you don't have Paypal, it's still possible to pay online. Click here for instructions.
- $10 at the door (cash only, no credit/debit card processing)
Street parking is free on Sundays but allow time for driving around the block several times to find an open space. N Street seems to be a good bet for an open space. There's also a parking garage available directly next to the theater on Prospect Street for $4/hr. There are several public transportation options. The theater website describes the options in detail: http://leteliertheate...