Jan 14, 2013 · 7:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Come experience the depth and breadth of Italian wines at a series of 7 seminars. Each seminar will take you to a different wine producing region of Italy. You will discover some of the finest wines of that region including a detailed profile of the most relevant characteristics of each wine, its taste, best food pairings and information about the local soil, climate and unique aspects of wine production. There will also be a brief introduction to other interesting information about each region. The result will be an evening combining great Italian wines with the world of art, music, fiction, poetry and movies.
... it's a fun way to spend an evening, and you will learn something too!
The following organizations are collaborating to present these seminars:
- DC Italian Sommeliers;
- Casa Italiana;
- Istituto Italiano di Cultura;
- Italians in DC;
- Circolo Veronesi nel Mondo;
- Passatempo; and
Events will take place on Monday evenings from 7:30 to 9:00 PM during the months of January through May 2013. At the final meeting a farewell dinner will be offered to participants and friends who attended all seminars.
- You can pay $35 with your RSVP for each seminar you plan to attend.
- If you want to pay for the entire series of seven seminars and farewell dinner, the cost is $200 (a savings of $45) and you can click on the Pay Now button:
Seminar 1: Taste of Veneto
The diverse land of the Veneto gives us light and spritzy with its Prosecco, smooth and subtle with its Soave, and deep and dense with its Amarone.
Schedule for the Evening
- 7:30 pm - Welcome Address: Giuseppe Battaglia, Anna De Santi, Salvatore Ferrara, Claudio Monticelli, Julio Sheik, Ivan Zanovello (Promoting Committee - DC Italian Sommeliers); Claudio Holzer - Director, Casa Italiana; Alberto Manai - Director, Istituto Italiano di Cultura; Ivan Butina President, Italians in DC.
- 7:45 pm - History of Wine: Claudio Holzer.
- 8:00 pm - Veneto, History and Cultural Background; Introduction to Veneto Wines; Discovering Wine Techniques: Visual Examination, Promoting Committee - DC Italians Sommeliers
- Wine tasting
Other seminars will take place on:
- February 4
- February 25
- March 11
- April 15
- May 6
- May 20