Passatempo Message Board Annunci e altri eventi › You're invited to join the new and improved Cineforum Italiano!

You're invited to join the new and improved Cineforum Italiano!

Keith G.
Buongiorno a Tutti!

You're invited to be among the first to join the new and improved Cineforum Italiano!  It's a new meetup group specifically for lovers of Italian cinema.

Our group has been providing a monthly opportunity to enjoy private screenings of Italian films since June 2010.  Usually more than 50 people attend each of our film screenings.  In January 2013 we're re-launching the initiative and applying lessons learned. After each film we'll engage in a moderated discussion in the theater followed by a small reception.  We'll also have some new and exciting social events geared specifically to members of Cineforum Italiano.

As always, all our films are in the Italian language with English subtitles.  Each film is carefully selected to appeal to diverse tastes with a strong emphasis on quality as judged by Italian film critics, industry experts and your Organizer.  You'll also have exposure to the work of new and emerging Italian film makers.  You'll find Italian language speakers at every level within our group.

What's the plan ahead for Cineforum Italiano? The remainder of this year will be spent planning a great 2013 calendar year of Italian films. I'll have some meetings (aka pizza parties) with potential volunteers who'll be able to assist me in 2013.  I won't screen a film in November or December.  The pause in the monthly routine of screening Italian films will be my first break in programming since June 2010. I feel certain that with some careful planning, we'll have an exciting program of films and social events in 2013.  I look forward to working on it for you and with you.

Please join Cineforum Italiano at this link:

http://www.meetup.com/cineforum/­

Have fun at cineforum, make lots of new friends and "buona visione"! Let's enjoy lots of Italian movies together!

Un caro saluto,

Keith

Founder and Organizer for The Washington, DC Italian Language Meetup Group (now called Passatempo) since 2004

Founder and Organizer for Cineforum Italiano since 2010