We respect the privacy of our members and for this reason some pages of this website are accessible only to members of our group. Some exceptions to this rule are:
- the "About" pages because they provide information to potential new members;
- some pages on the "Message Board" because they could be of interest not just to members but also to people outside of our group.
We strongly suggest that you NOT post any personal information [i.e. your last name, mailing / e-mail addresses or phone number]. Members can contact each other via the e-mail system Meetup has in place [i.e. click on the Mail icon next to a member's name to send them an e-mail], so personal details posted on a public website are not recommended. Please protect yourself in today's world of spamming, telephone solicitations and identity theft.
Members are free to take pictures at events and post them on our website. Individuals in the pictures are sometimes "tagged" which means a link is make to the member profile for the individual. This is done to help members get to know each other better but if there's ever a picture you don't like because of how it makes you look or if you don't want your picture tagged because of privacy concerns, then please make the organizer aware of your concern and the issue will be addressed.2. How to manage your emails
Meetup provides several ways for us to manage our email settings.
3. Solicitations and advertising
- Go to http://www.meetup.com... and uncheck all the notifications you don't wish to receive. If you uncheck all, you will only receive emails that, in the judgement of the Organizers, contain useful information about the activities of the group such as the monthly news bulletin. You WON'T receive all the event reminders, message board updates, photo tags, etc. So that should help cut down greatly the number of emails you receive.
- There are also some privacy settings and settings about the emails you may be receiving from the New York headquarters of Meetup.com. http://www.meetup.com...
- Lastly, if you RSVP NO to events, it will help reduce most followup emails for those events.
No solicitations or advertising are allowed to be posted on the site or message boards without the prior approval of the organizers. If you are unsure whether a post is allowed, click on the Contact Organizer link and ask in advance. This rule applies as well on posting unofficial events publicly in the message board or as an RSVP comment. If you have a suggestion for alternate events/suggestions in general, please e-mail the organizers directly. 4. Removing bulletin board messages
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove without notice any posts that in our judgment violate these Guidelines, are not applicable to the goals of the group, or otherwise diminish the value of the discussions. 5. Assistant Organizers and Event Hosts
Assistant Organizers will be invited to help with the group in order to allow others the opportunity to gain group leadership experience, and to keep the activities fresh, Assistant Organizers will be rotated in and out of their roles. Anyone in the group can lead an event with the approval of the Organizer. All events must be attended by an Organizer, Assistant Organizer or Event Host. 6. Members
- There are no membership fees and most events are free unless otherwise noted in the announcement for the event.
- Some events help raise money to pay for administrative costs.
- Please do RSVP with a Yes or No for every event. After each event you'll have an opportunity to provide feedback about the event. Providing this information is helpful to Organizers as they plan future events.
- Please make a sincere attempt to speak Italian at our events otherwise they become very generic. The unique thing about our group is that we're attempting to use the Italian language and many of our members don't have other opportunities to speak Italian. Please be helpful and courteous with your fellow group members.
- When you join you'll have the opportunity to answer a few profile questions and share a picture. Please be social and share some information and a picture of yourself. We meet because we want to share our passion for the Italian language and make friends. Friends deserve to know at least something about you. If you prefer NOT to post a picture of yourself, please at least post a picture that is representative of you (an avatar).
- Attendance at our events is not the only way members can participate in the group. Members can also use the resources on the message board, photo and file sections of this website. Share your passion!
- We're also always looking for interesting new events and we also need sponsors for events. If you'd like to host an event at your house or another location, please let the Organizers know.
Grazie a tutti!