SPECIAL MESSAGE TO PDALA MEMBERS - PLEASE READ
A POSTED ID PHOTO of YOU IS REQUIRED IF YOU'D LIKE TO ATTEND THIS EVENT
PLEASE NOTE that a close, clear and recent "ID-STYLE or HEADSHOT-Style" PHOTO OF "YOU", ALONE - with N-O sunglasses/dark glasses or anything else covering or hiding your face and eyes (masks, hands, etc) - M-U-S-T be posted on your PDALA profile in order to RSVP and attend THIS or ANY LAPUG meetings.
Your RSVP W-I-L-L be canceled and removed IMMEDIATELY - and with NO further notice - if such a photo is not in place and you will not be able to attend our meeting. Please do not take this personally and kindly respect our policy which applies to ALL attendees and all 700+ members of LAPUG.
Note: If you are a member of PDALA, LAPUG or LADIG and would like to attend this event, kindly RSVP/Register through ONLY ONE of our three groups. Help us not double/triple-count you as space AND seats are VERY limited. Again, ONLY ONE RSVP per person, please. Thank you!
IMPORTANT - PLEASE R-E-A-D
POLICIES FOR LAPUG EVENTS' RSVPs for PDALA MEMBERS*
1. PHOTO POLICY: You MUST have a CLEAR, RECENT, ID-STYLE or HEADSHOT-STYLE, FULL-FACE photo of you (alone!) - and without sunglasses or dark glasses - POSTED on your PDALA profile in order to attend "any" LAPUG (ie LA Photoshop User Group) meetings. There are NO exceptions to this. If you RSVP Yes and don't have such a photo posted, your RSVP will be removed and you will not be admitted to the event. This is a "Meetup" event and other members, and we the organizers, would like to recognize YOU when you attend, just like you can recognize US and the other members (ie simple RESPECT and COURTESY all around). Thank you for your understanding but if you're unable to comply, no problem but kindly do not RSVP.
2. NO-SHOW POLICY: If you have previously RSVPd Yes to LAPUG events in the past - and did not attend, without canceling your RSVP in time, more than once, your RSVP to this event WILL be removed/canceled. If you would like to attend and have been a No-Show at past LAPUG events twice or more, please contact Christian or Ron with an explanation. Our space is limited and we PAY for our chairs so we ask you to kindly cancel your RSVP in time (or contact Christian or Ron) if you find yourselves unable to attend.
*NOTE These two policies are the very same which have applied to all 700+ members of the LA Photoshop User Group since our founding in 2008. Thank you for understanding and for respecting our policies by not RSVPing Yes if you're unable to comply with them.
Still with me? Cool! Whew!! )) Alrighty then...
July 11, 2013
LAPUG MEETUP #55 will take place next week, on Wednesday July 17, 2013. Doors open at 6:30pm. The program will start at 7:00pm and will end at 9:30pm.
Our meeting's location will be:
Calumet Photographic - LA (Hollywood)
1135 N. Highland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038
This MeetUp will be limited to 65 LAPUG, PDALA and LADIG Members only (First come, first served*) - Deadline to RSVP is Wednesday July 17 at 2:00pm. Online RSVPs are required to attend this meeting (see below for RSVP instructions). We will open the meeting to guests starting on Monday July 15 at 12pm (if seats are available).
Please note : Meeting Support Fee Policy: $10 CASH per person with RSVPs (includes 2 General Raffle tickets for members only - Guests are not eligible for our raffles.)
Guests are not eligible for ANY of our raffles.
*If you're new to Meetup, please don't RSVP by replying to this announcement. Click below for more info and instructions:
PROGRAM / AGENDA
Get Ready, Set, Go for a SPECTACULAR and SPECIAL event this month! LAPUG, LADIG and PDALA have joined forces to bring you an acclaimed Photoshop instructor and noted Conference speaker to quickly get us all up to speed with the latest version of yours, ours and everyone's favorite Photo Editing & Retouching Application.
- ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CC -
ALL THE EXCITING NEW FEATURES
AUTHOR, EDUCATOR, DIGITAL ARTIST
& FOUNDER of PHOTOSHOPCAFE.COM
Colin Smith is founder of PhotoshopCAFE which has received over 30 million visitors. Colin has Authored 19 books. He has won numerous awards including 3 Guru awards. He's been nominated for the Photoshop Hall of Fame twice. Colin is a regular columnist for Photoshop User Magazine. He's been featured in almost every major imaging magazine, and is in high demand as a speaker at major industry events including WPPI, Photoshop World, Siggraph, PMA and Flash Forward. He consults such companies as ABC Disney, Apple and Adobe. LONG Colin Smith is a best-selling author, trainer, and award-winning digital artist who has caused a stir in the community with his stunning Photoshop work. Colin is also known as a pioneer of HDR photography. Colin is an Adobe ACP (Adobe Community Professional), He is founder of one the world’s most popular Photoshop resource sites, PhotoshopCAFE.com, which boasts over 30 million visitors.
With over 18 years of experience in the creative industry, Colin was formerly Senior Editor and Creative Director for VOICE magazine. He is a regular columnist for Photoshop User magazine. He has been featured in most major imaging magazines including, Computer Arts, MacWorld, After Capture, PSD Photoshop, Advanced Photoshop, Photoshop Creative, Digital Photographer, Web Designer magazine and a host of others.
Colin’s digital imaging work has been recognized with numerous awards, including, MacWorld Digital Design and 3 Guru awards at Photoshop World 2001 and 2002. He’s authored or co-authored more than eighteen books on Photoshop, including the best-selling How to Do Everything with Photoshop (McGraw-Hill/Osborne) and award-winning Photoshop Most Wanted, as well as being prominently featured in the Hall Of Fame book, New Masters Of Photoshop and New Masters of Photoshop 2 (The only artist featured in both editions). Colin is also creator of the Photoshop Secrets Video training series (PhotoshopCD.com). He is in high demand across the United States as a lecturer, presenting his Photoshop techniques to Photographers and graphics professionals across the nation. He has been a speaker at such conferences as WPPI, Flash Forward, NVision, Photoshop World, PIDE, DL Expo, Creative Suite Conference, Cre8, Create Chaos, Deviant Art Summit and many more. In 2012 Colin was the featured speaker for a Multi-City Tour (Route CS6) Sponsored by Adobe. Colin has consulted for such companies as Adobe Systems, Edison International, Apple and Disney Studios.
Image by COLIN SMITH
Discover what's new in the latest version of Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop CC
If you are a photographer, a retoucher or a designer, there is sure to be something that can help you get your job done faster and better.
Learn about the integration of powerful imaging tools as well as enhancements in 3D, video, vector tools and much more.
Colin Smith will walk you through all his favorite new features and also give you an overview of what's possible with this cloud-enabled version of Photoshop.
Some of the new (and/or improved) tools which will be covered (time-permitting):
- SHAKE REDUCTION filter
- CAMERA RAW filter
- "UPRIGHT" LENS CORRECTION & PERSPECTIVE ADJUSTMENT
- 32 Bit HDR EDITING
- SMART BLUR
- SMART SHARPEN
- LIQUIFY SMART OBJECTS
- CONDITIONAL ACTIONS
Image by COLIN SMITH
Image by COLIN SMITH
Image by COLIN SMITH
- We're featuring Colin's images on our home page and in this announcement.
Image by COLIN SMITH
- There will be time set aside for a dedicated Q&A session with Colin.
MEETING DISCLAIMER ( Because we must!!): Please note that the program may change at any time due to various circumstances not always under our control. Whenever possible, we will update this and notify the group.
LOGISTICS & OTHER INFO
- LAPTOPS: If you're planning to bring a laptop, please be aware that our seating doesn't accommodate for any table space for attendees. In general, we recommend that you don't bring your laptops so that you can concentrate on understanding what's being taught. Practicing immediately afterward however is extremely recommended.
- ON-SITE REGISTRATION and PARKING: There will be free parking on-site for up to 30+ cars approx. Street parking is also readily available.
More information re: Parking, Area Map and special on-site Registration instructions will be sent to all YES RSVPs the night prior to the event.
- FOOD/DRINKS: LAPUG/PDALA/LADIG will provide some snacks and refreshments for all during our break. Feel free to bring your own food & bevs if you prefer.
If anyone has any questions, please let me/us know and as always, if you're unable to attend, no problem but please RSVP "NO" in order to remain active and in good standing with our group.
So until Wednesday (the 17th) then!
Christian G (LAPUG), Ron T (PDALA) & Daniel S (LADIG)