SPECIAL MESSAGE TO PDALA MEMBERS - PLEASE READ
A POSTED "I D" PHOTO of YOU IS
R E Q U I R E D
IF YOU'D LIKE TO ATTEND THIS EVENT
PLEASE NOTE that a close, clear and recent "ID-STYLE or HEADSHOT-Style" PHOTO OF "YOU", ALONE - with N-O sunglasses/dark glasses or anything else covering or hiding your face and eyes (masks, hands, etc) - M-U-S-T be posted on your PDALA profile in order to RSVP and attend THIS or ANY LAPUG meetings.
Your RSVP W-I-L-L be canceled and removed IMMEDIATELY - and with NO further notice - if such a photo is not in place and you will not be able to attend our meeting. Please do not take this personally and kindly respect our policy which applies to ALL attendees and all 700+ members of LAPUG.
Note: If you are a member of PDALA, LAPUG or LADIG and would like to attend this event, kindly RSVP/Register through ONLY ONE of our three groups. Help us not double/triple-count you as space AND seats are VERY limited. Again, ONLY ONE RSVP per person, please. Thank you!
IMPORTANT - PLEASE R-E-A-D
POLICIES FOR LAPUG EVENTS' RSVPs for PDALA MEMBERS*
1. PHOTO POLICY: You MUST have a CLEAR, RECENT, ID-STYLE or HEADSHOT-STYLE, FULL-FACE photo of you (alone!) - and without sunglasses or dark glasses - POSTED on your PDALA profile in order to attend "any" LAPUG (ie LA Photoshop User Group) meetings. There are NO exceptions to this. If you RSVP Yes and don't have such a photo posted, your RSVP will be removed and you will not be admitted to the event. This is a "Meetup" event and other members, and we the organizers, would like to recognize YOU when you attend, just like you can recognize US and the other members (ie simple RESPECT and COURTESY all around). Thank you for your understanding but if you're unable to comply, no problem but kindly do not RSVP.
2. NO-SHOW POLICY: If you have previously RSVPd Yes to LAPUG events in the past - and did not attend, without canceling your RSVP in time, more than once, your RSVP to this event WILL be removed/canceled. If you would like to attend and have been a No-Show at past LAPUG events twice or more, please contact Christian or Ron with an explanation. Our space is limited and we PAY for our chairs so we ask you to kindly cancel your RSVP in time (or contact Christian or Ron) if you find yourselves unable to attend.
*NOTE These two policies are the very same which have applied to all 700+ members of the LA Photoshop User Group since our founding in 2008. Thank you for understanding and for respecting our policies by not RSVPing Yes if you're unable to comply with them.
Still with me? Cool! Whew!! )) Alrighty then...
August 22, 2013
LAPUG MEETUP #56 will take place next week, on Wednesday August 28, 2013. Doors open at 6:30pm. The program will start at 7:00pm and will end at 9:30pm.
Our meeting's location will be:
Calumet Photographic - LA (Hollywood)
1135 N. Highland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038
This MeetUp will be limited to 50 LAPUG or PDALA Members only (First come, first served*) - Deadline to RSVP is Wednesday August 28 at 2:00pm. Online RSVPs are required to attend this meeting (see below for RSVP instructions).
GUESTS: We will open the meeting to guests starting on Monday August 26 at 12pm (if seats are available).
Please note : Meeting Support Fee Policy: $10 CASH per person with RSVPs (includes 2 General Raffle tickets for members only - Guests are not eligible for our raffles.)
Guests are not eligible for ANY of our raffles.
*If you're new to Meetup, please don't RSVP by replying to this announcement. Click below for more info and instructions:
PROGRAM / AGENDA
We welcome this month a new presenter who's a LAPUG member and an experienced computer instructor teaching us several creative techniques which can be easily achieved by Photoshop users of all levels!
EASY PHOTOSHOP CREATIVE TECHNIQUES
PHOTOSHOP EXPERT (ACE) & COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR
Barbara has been a computer instructor and curriculum developer for over a decade. Although she also teaches Excel, Word and PowerPoint, her heart and passion is for Photoshop. Barbara was the Fox Studios Software Training Manager and Lead Instructor. A budget cut at Fox late last year freed her to further pursue her Photoshop endeavors as a teacher and graphic designer.
Image by BARBARA BENNEIAN
While at 20th Century Fox Entertainment, Barbara developed popular classes called “Photoshop Magic” and “Photoshop - Quick Artistic Effects.” She will be presenting some of the student’s favorite techniques at the Meetup.
1. Create a Vignette
2. Create Your Own Brush Tip
3. Use Layer Fill to Make See-Thru Type
4. Explore the Ease of the Oil Paint Filter
5. Create a Drawing from a Photo
6. Create a Silhouette
7. Create a Cartoon Look
8. Combine Black & White with Color
9. Colorizing a Black & White Image
10. Place an Image Inside of Text
Image by BARBARA BENNEIAN
- We're featuring Barbara's images on our home page and in this announcement.
Image by BARBARA BENNEIAN
- There will be time set aside for a dedicated Q&A session with Barbara.
MEETING DISCLAIMER ( Because we must!!): Please note that the program may change at any time due to various circumstances not always under our control. Whenever possible, we will update this and notify the group.
LOGISTICS & OTHER INFO
- LAPTOPS: If you're planning to bring a laptop, please be aware that our seating doesn't accommodate for any table space for attendees. In general, we recommend that you don't bring your laptops so that you can concentrate on understanding what's being taught. Practicing immediately afterward however is extremely recommended.
- ON-SITE REGISTRATION and PARKING: There will be free parking on-site for up to 30+ cars approx. Street parking is also readily available.
More information re: Parking, Area Map and special on-site Registration instructions will be sent to all YES RSVPs the night prior to the event.
- FOOD/DRINKS: We will provide some snacks and refreshments for all during our break. Feel free to bring your own food & beverages if you prefer.
If anyone has any questions, please let me/us know and as always, if you're unable to attend, no problem but please RSVP "NO" in order to remain active and in good standing with our group.
So until Wednesday (the 28th) then!
PDALA Assistant Organizer