SPECIAL MESSAGE TO PDALA MEMBERS - PLEASE READ
A POSTED "I D" PHOTO of YOU IS
R E Q U I R E D
IF YOU'D LIKE TO ATTEND THIS EVENT
PLEASE NOTE that a close, clear and recent "ID-STYLE or HEADSHOT-Style" PHOTO OF "YOU", ALONE - with N-O sunglasses/dark glasses or anything else covering or hiding your face and eyes (masks, hands, etc) - M-U-S-T be posted on your PDALA profile in order to RSVP and attend THIS or ANY LAPUG meetings.
Your RSVP W-I-L-L be canceled and removed IMMEDIATELY - and with NO further notice - if such a photo is not in place and you will not be able to attend our meeting. Please do not take this personally and kindly respect our policy which applies to ALL attendees and all 700+ members of LAPUG.
Note: If you are a member of PDALA or LAPUG and would like to attend this event, kindly RSVP/Register through ONLY ONE of our two groups. Help us not double/triple-count you as space AND seats are VERY limited. Again, ONLY ONE RSVP per person, please. Thank you!
IMPORTANT - PLEASE R-E-A-D
POLICIES FOR LAPUG EVENTS' RSVPs for PDALA MEMBERS*
1. PHOTO POLICY: You MUST have a CLEAR, RECENT, ID-STYLE or HEADSHOT-STYLE, FULL-FACE photo of you (alone!) - and without sunglasses or dark glasses - POSTED on your PDALA profile in order to attend "any" LAPUG (ie LA Photoshop User Group) meetings. There are NO exceptions to this. If you RSVP Yes and don't have such a photo posted, your RSVP will be removed and you will not be admitted to the event. This is a "Meetup" event and other members, and we the organizers, would like to recognize YOU when you attend, just like you can recognize US and the other members (ie simple RESPECT and COURTESY all around). Thank you for your understanding but if you're unable to comply, no problem but kindly do not RSVP.
2. NO-SHOW POLICY: If you have previously RSVPd Yes to LAPUG events in the past - and did not attend, without canceling your RSVP in time, more than once, your RSVP to this event WILL be removed/canceled. If you would like to attend and have been a No-Show at past LAPUG events twice or more, please contact Christian or Ron with an explanation. Our space is limited and we PAY for our chairs so we ask you to kindly cancel your RSVP in time (or contact Christian or Ron) if you find yourselves unable to attend.
*NOTE These two policies are the very same which have applied to all 700+ members of the LA Photoshop User Group since our founding in 2008. Thank you for understanding and for respecting our policies by not RSVPing Yes if you're unable to comply with them.
Still with me? Cool! Whew!! )) Alrighty then...
September 20, 2013
LAPUG MEETUP #57 will take place next week, on Wednesday September 25, 2013. Doors open at 6:30pm. The program will start at 7:00pm and will end at 9:30pm.
Our meeting's location will be:
Calumet Photographic - LA (Hollywood)
1135 N. Highland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038
This MeetUp will be limited to 50 LAPUG or PDALA Members only (First come, first served*) - Deadline to RSVP is Wednesday September 25 at 2:00pm. Online RSVPs are required to attend this meeting (see below for RSVP instructions).
GUESTS: We will open the meeting to guests starting on Monday September 23 at 12pm (if seats are available).
Please note : Meeting Support Fee Policy: $10 CASH per person with RSVPs (includes 2 General Raffle tickets for members only - Guests are not eligible for our raffles.)
Guests are not eligible for ANY of our raffles.
*If you're new to Meetup, please don't RSVP by replying to this announcement. Click below for more info and instructions:
PROGRAM / AGENDA
Continuing our exploration of the creative possibilities of Adobe Photoshop, we welcome this month a LAPUG Member and a Friend who's a Fine Artist and who also runs the Adobe Illustrator LA (AILA) User Group (https://www.facebook.com/IllustratorLA)
- ADOBE PHOTOSHOP + ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR -
"THE MAGIC DUO"
ARTIST and EDUCATOR
Chana Messer is a Fine Artist, Designer, Trainer, and Software Evangelist. With over 25 years of experience teaching at the University level, she instructs in the fields of Fine Art and Digital Imaging at esteemed institutions such as UCLA and the USC School of Cinematic Arts.
Chana also teaches in the corporate world as a Lead Instructor at the Walt Disney Company and as a Staff Trainer at Training Connection, an Adobe Certified Learning Center.
In addition to lecturing, Chana is a contributor to the upcoming Adobe Illustrator Wow Book, wrote a new course for Peachpit’s MyGraphicsLab online learning program focusing on Adobe Illustrator CC, and was a Tech Editor Advisor for the Against The Clock Illustrator CC Book.
Chana is an Adobe Certified Expert, Adobe Partner, Adobe Community Professional, a member of the Adobe Professional Freelance Team, and an Adobe User Group Manager. She has been invited to present at Adobe events at Mac World and AIGA, Adobe MAX, and many events in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Chicago, Boston, New York, and Tel Aviv, where she lectures in Hebrew!
Chana is the founder and owner of Mac in Art, a boutique design company based in Los Angeles. She is a fine artist whose work has been exhibited in solo shows and has appeared in major studio films and network television shows.
To find out more about Chana and her work, visit her website, (http://www.chanamesser.com).
Chana will present some Photoshop and Illustrator workflows which she uses in her Fine Arts and Design projects. We will learn:
1. How to create interesting type using Adobe Illustrator's new type tool then use Photoshop Smart Objects to refine and add effects to the design.
2. How to create custom brushes in Photoshop using the Pen tool. How to create custom brushes in Illustrator then modify them in Photoshop.
3. How to paint in Photoshop using its natural media brushes (See example below).
Image by CHANA MESSER
AILA Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IllustratorLA
- We're featuring Chana's images on our home page and in this announcement.
Image by CHANA MESSER
- There will be time set aside for a dedicated Q&A session with Chana.
MEETING DISCLAIMER ( Because we must!!): Please note that the program may change at any time due to various circumstances not always under our control. Whenever possible, we will update this and notify the group.
LOGISTICS & OTHER INFO
- LAPTOPS: If you're planning to bring a laptop, please be aware that our seating doesn't accommodate for any table space for attendees. In general, we recommend that you don't bring your laptops so that you can concentrate on understanding what's being taught. Practicing immediately afterward however is extremely recommended.
- ON-SITE REGISTRATION and PARKING: There will be free parking on-site for up to 30+ cars approx. Street parking is also readily available.
More information re: Parking, Area Map and special on-site Registration instructions will be sent to all YES RSVPs the night prior to the event.
- FOOD/DRINKS: We will provide some snacks and refreshments for all during our break. Feel free to bring your own food & beverages if you prefer.
If anyone has any questions, please let me/us know and as always, if you're unable to attend, no problem but please RSVP "NO" in order to remain active and in good standing with our group.
So until Wednesday (the 25th) then!
- PDALA Assistant Organizer
- LAPUG Organizer