Okay, so a lot of you have been asking when I'm gonna do another free headshot event & clinic. THIS is it!
- Photogs, learn something new & up your skillset
- Actors/models, get some headshots to add to your portfolio's
- Catch a beautiful sunset
- Learn what "magic hour" is
- See the LAPD arrest "Lenny"
- Join us for dinner afterwards
So here goes!!!! Meet to the right of the pier as you face the water, on the sand, somewhere between 6:10pm - 6:15pm. I'll hang till about 6:30 before I head off if no one shows... so BE ON TIME!!!
How to find us: If you see a bunch of kids standing around a pinata and a birthday cake, you're in the WRONG spot! lol. You can't miss me... all my pics are recent.
Photogs need to bring:
- your camera obviously... hopefully its a good DSLR.
- a uv filter and a yellow filter if you have one
- tri pod
- external flash
- if you have a 50mm lens, cool!
- if you have something with an 80mm lens setting, awesome!
- if you have a 2.8f capacity lens, BEST!!
- gold reflectors are a good idea, but not necessary
- be ready to rock n roll, have your makeup done (guys and girls)
- don't wear anything too bright (no neon green or anything) or too dark (no black or dark blue please)... warm tones are the best (yellows, reds, orange), lighter grey's are good, and solid print clothing preferred.
- if you want that magic shot of you at the water's edge, keep in mind the water temp is 58 degrees!! lol.
- Have a robe handy, bring a sweater/jacket, etc. since it might be a little chilly in the 30 minutes onward as the sun sets.
After the event!!!
- Photogs... Please watermark and post your pics, so I can paste them to other meetup groups giving you credit for your shots.
- Models... The specific photos I take will be posted on this meetup so you can copy and paste them... full frame, high res shots. Use them for your headshots, on your websites, facebook albums, whatever. All I ask is that you credit me as the photographer when you post them. :)
Looking forward to a beautiful afternoon of great photography!!!
Q & A section:
Q. I have to work till 8pm, will you still be there?
A. Nope, it'll be dark... and don't buy crack from Lenny either!
Q. Why is this thing at 6:15pm?
A. Because the tide will be going out, and we'll have more area to move around in.
Q. I don't have a DSLR. Should I still come?
A. Yes, bring a point a shoot camera if that's all you have. You can still learn a thing or two about the art of taking headshots, framing, lighting, and flashing. Hopefully Lenny isn't flashing you trying to sell you crack.
Q. Are dogs allowed?
A. NO dogs allowed on the sand/beach/pier! ...unless you're bringing Snoop Dogg!