August 24, 2012
LAPUG MEETUP 46 will take place next Thursday August 30, 2012. Doors open at 6:30pm. The program will start at 7:00pm and will end at 9:30pm.
Our meeting's location will be:
Calumet Photographic - LA (Hollywood)
1135 N. Highland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038
This MeetUp will be limited to 50 LAPUG, AUG and PDALA Meetup Members only (First come, first served*) - Deadline to RSVP is Thursday August 30 at 2:00pm. Online RSVPs are required to attend this meeting (see below for RSVP instructions). We will open the meeting to guests starting on Tuesday August 28 at 4pm (if seats are available).
Please note : Meeting Fee Policy: $10 CASH per person (includes 2 General Raffle tickets for members only)
*If you're new to Meetup, pls don't RSVP by replying to this announcement. Click below instead:
PROGRAM / AGENDA
A new presenter joins us this month with a lecture on Photoshop techniques well-suited for Fine Art Photography. One look at our presenter's Zen-like and Atmospheric pictures tells us we'll be learning from a master. Come feed the "artiste" inside you.
FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY & PHOTOSHOP
ARTIST - PHOTOGRAPHER - EDUCATOR
Bob Killen is a fine art photographer based in La Mirada, California. He specializes in editorial fine art projects, corporate image artwork, task specific industrial and architectural assignments, produces TV infomercials/commercials for broadcast and cable, and does photo restoration services for historical images.
Bob is an Adobe and Comptia Certified Instructor, leads the Calumet University Photography/Photoshop Workshop Program, teaches Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, and Adobe Premiere and is the Director of Digital Education for the New Horizons Digital Arts Center.
Desert Art collectors in twenty countries own Bob’s fine art images, and Killen’s video and still image credits cover numerous trade and professional media outlets such as Parade, Life, Look, Roto, NBC, FOX and other studios.
Bob is a National Park Service Artist in Residence for Mojave National Preserve, the Affiliated Artist for the National Park Service’s Mojave Arts Program, and the Artist Guide for the Desert Light Gallery. Adobe Systems notes that Bob has one of the highest student achievement metrics in their system, and his motivational talks for artists have sparked many fine art photographers to pursue and develop their voices, and to find an audience for their work.
Image by Bob Killen
Bob Killen will lecture and demonstrate the role of Photoshop for Fine Art creation.
1. Finding your work - Finding your Themes
2. Articulating a Theme in Words: Words that create Capture and a Creative Plan.
Image by Bob Killen
3. Choosing the Lightroom/Photoshop workflow to give voice to Theme
4. Photoshop tools for Visual Voice
- Using Curves to provide Emotional Tension
- Why you must separate Hue and Saturation to achieve Emotional Range
Image by Bob Killen
5. How to apply advanced Masking techniques to achieve Emotional Impact:
6. Photoshop Soft Proofing for investment-grade Fine Art prints
- We're featuring Bob's image on our home page and in this announcement. You can also see more of Bob's photos here: http://www.meetup.com/PhotoshopLA/photos/10366752/
- There will be time set aside for a dedicated Q&A session with Bob.
MEETING DISCLAIMER ( Because we must!!): Please note that the program may change at any time due to various circumstances not always under our control. Whenever possible, we will update this and notify the group.
LOGISTICS & OTHER INFO
- LAPTOPS: If you're planning to bring a laptop, please be aware that our seating doesn't accommodate for any table space for attendees.
- ON-SITE REGISTRATION and PARKING: There will be free parking on-site for up to 20+ cars approx. Street parking will also be available.
More information re: Parking, Area Map and special on-site Registration instructions will be sent to all YES RSVPs the night prior to the event.
- FOOD/DRINKS: LAPUG will provide some snacks and refreshments for all during our break. Feel free to bring your own food & bevs if you prefer.
If anyone has any questions, please let me/us know and as always, if you're unable to attend, no problem but please RSVP "NO" in order to remain active and in good standing with our group.
So until Thursday (the 30th) then!
PDALA Assistant Organizer