addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

PDX Live Indie Music Message Board › Discounted MFNW tickets if you act fast! + TLE extravaganza Friday

Discounted MFNW tickets if you act fast! + TLE extravaganza Friday

Ranjit
user 4711354
Portland, OR
Hi all

Musicfest Northwest is Portland's paean to the multi-day, multi-venue event that is all things music. For a very short time, you can get a $10 discount through the official website. Headline acts for this fall's event include Iron and Wine, Band of Horses and Explosions in the Sky. If you have an interest and think you'll be in town in early September, this is one extravaganza worth planning ahead for - 4 days of non-stop music at lots of different venues around town. You can purchase a ticket to every show + 1 of the big 3 headliners above for $60 + fees if you go to:

http://musicfestnw.com/tickets/­ and type in "MFNW" in the promotional code box at the top left corner.

There are other options including a VIP package as well. Regular-priced tickets go on sale later in the week and I'm not sure how long this promotion lasts but if you've ever wanted to wallow in music for 4 days, this is the event for you. I know September seems a long way off but here is a great way to sample all kinds of great local and national acts in a very short period of time. Due to the sheer volume of shows, we probably won't set up meetup events during MFNW but we will suggest breakthrough and classic acts as the schedule gets finalized.

Also, Bethany suggested the Tender Loving Empire birthday event this Friday at the Wonder Ballroom with some great acts - a veritable "Who' Who" of local music glitteratti: Jared Mees, Loch Lomond, Y La Bamba, Typhoon and more. Tickets are $10 at their music store downtown, $20 thru Ticketmaster (ugh) or $12 at the door if they don't sell out - I'm pretty sure they will, however. I hope to see some of you there! Otherwise, have a great weekend.

-Ranjit