addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

PDX Live Indie Music Message Board › Last minute reminder - Nick Jaina CD release @ Mississippi Studios, Wednesda

Last minute reminder - Nick Jaina CD release @ Mississippi Studios, Wednesday, August 24th

Ranjit
user 4711354
Portland, OR
Hi all

I know it's been quiet on the music front but the sun's shining and other than a few acoustic shws at the Doug Fir and Mississippi Studios, many of us are simply catching up on our Vitamin D intake.

However, I was just reminded that local icon, Nick Jaina, is kicking off his western states tour and a new CD release with a performance this evening. Just as telling are the number of local music glitteratti that will be accompanying him on stage.

First, Dovekins from Denver, Spirits of the Red City from Minneapolis and my favorite local act, Run On Sentence, will be the opening acts.

Second, his new cd will feature vocals from some of the best female singers in Portland and many of them will be accompanying him this evening, including Kaylee Cole, Laura Gibson and Tahoe Jackson.

As is our habit on short notice shows, we're not listing this as an official event but feel free to come find me if you attend. I'll be wearing a green "Oregon Public Broadcasting" shirt.

Otherwise, I hope you all are having a great summer. Curt and I will list our highlights of the coming NWMF coming up in September - feel free to post who you won't want to miss.

Hope to see you soon!

-Ranjit