pdx Selenium & Test Automation Users Group Message Board › Code to load TestNG unit tests using XStream from an XML file

Code to load TestNG unit tests using XStream from an XML file

Jon A.
user 61898832
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
I was playing around this weekend with TestNG, parameterized DataProvider tests, loading XML with XStream, and thought that some persons might think this little concept project I wrote is fun to look at or maybe useful:

https://gist.github.c...­

I think it would be awesome if anyone wants to fork my code example (on Gist @ GitHub) and improve on it. Maybe I would learn something in return.

Cheers,
Jon
An D.
Andy01
Portland, OR
Post #: 3
Awesome! Thanks for Sharing,

Personally I have been using Excel files and jxl to parse them, but I have been thinking about changing to something that is source control readable like XML or even just plain CSV. So this definitely got me thinking.

To take this to the next level I would recommend that you add support OO programming by supporting data types in the XML writer and parser. Looks like you only support strings right now. Of course its all strings in the XML file, but in your Selenium test its a "name".

-Andy