addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland WordPress Meetup Message Board › Meeting topics for DEVELOPERS

Meeting topics for DEVELOPERS

Kathleen Burton M.
user 13357347
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
Are you a WordPress Developer, involved in writing plugins, writing themes, contributing to Core, etc.? Please let us know about topics you'd like to explore at future meetings. This could either be in the form of "I'd really like to know more about X; can we find someone to talk about that?" or "I know a lot about X and would love to share; could I be a speaker at an upcoming meeting?"

And if you're interested in speaking, WordPress User Group meetings are a great way to get started and get some experience before applying to speak at a WordCamp or other event.

Amanda B.
user 2996463
Portland, OR
Post #: 7
Since a few people mentioned wanting to talk about security, i've asked Brad Williams if hed make himself available. He won't be at WordCamp PDX, but it sounds like he's open to appearing via skype at the meetup.

Specifically, i asked him to address "security for developers".

Other ideas I heard included "beginning plugin writing"
Aaron H.
user 17440691
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
As someone who's diving into the world of WordPress code, I'd love to hear about the best way to get involved in contributing to core.
Amanda B.
user 2996463
Portland, OR
Post #: 8
As someone who's diving into the world of WordPress code, I'd love to hear about the best way to get involved in contributing to core.

Aaron, we did a whole core contributing workshop in Phx that was super helpful. When Chelsea gets up here in a few months, I'd bet she'd be a great candidate to do a talk on this!