addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Portland WordPress Meetup Message Board › Meeting topics for DESIGNERS

Meeting topics for DESIGNERS

Kathleen Burton M.
user 13357347
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Are you primarily a DESIGNER using WordPress? Are you primarily responsible for the visual layouts of websites? Please let us know about topics you'd like to explore at future meetings. This could either be in the form of "I'd really like to know more about X; can we find someone to talk about that?" or "I know a lot about X and would love to share; could I be a speaker at an upcoming meeting?"

And if you're interested in speaking, WordPress User Group meetings are a great way to get started and get some experience before applying to speak at a WordCamp or other event.

Thanks!
Fellene G.
fellene
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
Thanks for asking, Kathleen.
Here are a few ideas for topics I'd be interested in learning more about.

• Top ten most customizable themes
  • Creating custom themes using frameworks
  • Best plugins for membership
  • Best plugins for ecommerce
  • Managing security for clients
  • Managing Information Architecture for Wordpress
  • How to test your site on a local server
  • Managing SEO on your site
  • Usability -- what it is and why it matters
  • Using webfonts
  • What a designer should know about servers
  • Making your wordpress site mobile