addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland WordPress Meetup Message Board › Meeting topics for USERS/BLOGGERS

Meeting topics for USERS/BLOGGERS

Kathleen Burton M.
user 13357347
Portland, OR
Post #: 3
Are you primarily a WordPress user or blogger, rather than a designer/developer? Do you want to know about writing content, posting images and videos, and driving traffic to your site?

Please let us know about topics you'd like to explore at future meetings. This could either be in the form of "I'd really like to know more about X; can we find someone to talk about that?" or "I know a lot about X and would love to share; could I be a speaker at an upcoming meeting?"

And if you're interested in speaking, WordPress User Group meetings are a great way to get started and get some experience before applying to speak at a WordCamp or other event.
Lorelle V.
Lorellev
North Plains, OR
Post #: 1
The following are topics that keep coming up in the meetings for beginners and bloggers.

Tags and Categories
Managing Comments
Working with images
Podcasting
WordPress Widgets
Basic CSS (to fix or change Themes)
Child Themes (how to preserve Parent Themes)
Forms (contact forms and otherwise)
Finding and choosing the right WordPress Theme
Changing specific Theme elements (footer, sidebar, header)
Understanding more about how to contribute to the WordPress Community as a non-coder
How to better integrate social media with WordPress
How to blog faster and more efficiently
How to write better blog posts
Understanding SEO (and avoiding bad SEO tips)

I've got more notes to dig up from previous meetings, but that's a start. We have some talented folks in the group, so anyone want to volunteer for some of these or add your own?

Thanks!

Lorelle
A former member
Post #: 3
I would like to suggest Analytics, podcasting and SEO as subjects for future meetings.