addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland WordPress Meetup Message Board › Looking for the best way to provide secure access to specified users

Looking for the best way to provide secure access to specified users

Marsha L.
catwingz
Portland, OR
Post #: 5
I have a client who wants to be able to post secure content on his site to different sets of users. He is a lawyer, and each client group should only be able to see content specific to their own account. What is the best way to accomplish this? I looked at the Private! WordPress Access Control Manager plugin, but it doesn't look like it is designed to handle this kind of complexity. Perhaps a plugin for membership? The main site is intended to be public, so anything that will require login for the entire site would be unsuitable. If you have experience with a setup like this I would love to talk! Thank you
Daniel P.
tualatinweb
Tualatin, OR
Post #: 55
Marsha,

WordPress has a built-in feature to allow you to do this. Have the client create a Page or a Post then click the link on the right side called: Visibility.

Change the choice from Public to Password Protected.

Repeat this process for each Page or Post that you want a password for. Each Page or Post can have a unique password.
Marsha L.
catwingz
Portland, OR
Post #: 6
Thanks. He is going to need public and private areas, so it looks like he is headed for one of the membership plugins.