addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland WordPress Meetup Message Board › What's your favorite backup plugin?

What's your favorite backup plugin?

Marsha L.
catwingz
Portland, OR
Post #: 7
Since my favorite backup plugin is now no longer supported (and this was with no notification) I am reviewing the current options for backup of the whole site, not just the database.

For my own criteria I am looking for one that will work well for client sites, have automation, and also trying to avoid ones that have a monthly charge. Ones with licensing are problematic if the license requires an annual renewal that doesn't track with the timing of individual installations. I am currently experimenting with myEASYbackup.

So, is there a clear winner out there?
Steve
user 50361152
Portland, OR
Post #: 5
Hi Marsha
From my research Vaultpress seems to be the most reccomended third party back up solution...
Charles W.
user 76655862
Gales Creek, OR
Post #: 2
backwpup (Back WP UP) seems to be working great for smaller sites. It's free and it has the automation. I've only had issues with it for sites over 300Mb.