Portland WordPress Meetup Message Board › we are new to pdx: verizon vs at&t coverage question

we are new to pdx: verizon vs at&t coverage question

A former member
Post #: 24
I know this is a little off topic, however, considering we are all geeks and my wife and I are new to pdx, this sounds like a great place to ask this question. If you currently use an iphone in pdx do you prefer verizon or at&t? how is your lte coverage? have you used both providers?

My wife and I have been at&t customers for years, and are planning to buy the new iphone 5 this month. Thinking of switching providers, but wanted to reach out for opinions first.

Thank you for your help.

p.s. we are set on buying iphones, no need to waste time with droid or other phone model suggestions, thank you.
Michael F.
mfields
Portland, OR
Post #: 10
Hi Chris! Welcome to town :) I've used AT&T with iPhone 5 for about 2 months now. It's OK, I guess. Due to this being my first cellphone I may not be that much help to you. Web pages and apps apear to be pretty snappy to render/deliver content. There's nothing really horrible about it :)
Daniel P.
tualatinweb
Tualatin, OR
Post #: 70
We've been with AT&T in Oregon for 18 years now, the only downside is about 4% of the connected calls are silent, meaning that your phone says that you are connected, yet you cannot hear the caller at all. You hangup and redial and then the call works.

The other glitch is that if you ever visit the Zoo then AT&T phones may not have coverage while Verizon will have coverage.

A former member
Post #: 25
I completely forgot about the fact that with verizon you can not tether and receive calls at the same time. Decision made.

We will be staying with AT&T.

Thank you everyone.