Portland WordPress Meetup Message Board › Preparations for Vagrant Meetup

Preparations for Vagrant Meetup

Zack T.
user 30874992
Portland, OR
Hi all,

Jeremy Felt, who will be talking to us about Vagrant next Monday, asked me to pass on some preparation instructions for the next meetup. To maximize learning at the meetup, I highly recommend running through his preparation instructions. It is also important that you at least download the things he has instructed you to download. Since we are now in a new meeting space and we do not know the stability of the internet, it is important to come prepared with the downloads.

Feel free to pass any questions on to Jeremy or me prior to the meetup!

From Jeremy:

Howdy PDXWP Devs!

I'm looking forward to discussing Vagrant with you all on Monday and showing how much of a best friend it really will be.

I've taken some time to write up a blog post with some introductory material for the Meetup. While it's not required that you go through this before arriving, I think you'll find the session much more useful if you do. I'm planning on speaking for about 15 minutes before diving straight into hands on lab stuff with you and the chance that the Internet connection will support all 40 of us downloading 400MB of data is pretty low.
http://jeremyfelt.com/code/2013/02/04/an-wordpress-meetup-introduction-to-vagrant-what-youll-need/­

After completing this walk through, you'll have VirtualBox, Vagrant and a basic Vagrant configuration installed and running. This will free us to talk about the intricacies around what can be done rather than troubleshooting the easy stuff.

If you have any trouble completing the walk through beforehand, please leave a comment and we'll make sure you have an answer before you arrive.
See you soon!
A former member
Post #: 1
Hmmm.... I posted this question on the event page, but maybe it belongs here instead:

Hello! I'm following the instructions about preparing for this meeting, but I'm stumped on the instruction to download the proper file from tihs page: http://downloads.vagrantup.com/tags/v1.0.6­. How do I know which one to download if I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit? Thank you.
A former member
Post #: 2
Vagrant.msi is the one you want