addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Portland WordPress Meetup Message Board › WordPress on FatCow?

WordPress on FatCow?

Marsha L.
catwingz
Portland, OR
Post #: 11
Has anyone had any experience with the combination? I am starting to redo a site for someone and so far the experience is not being a peaceful one. How do they compare with GoDaddy?
Daniel P.
tualatinweb
Tualatin, OR
Post #: 83
There's a tutorial video on FatCow showing how to install and setup WordPress, http://www.fatcow.com...­.

Did you have issues installing or running WordPress at FatCow?

I've installed WordPress on over a dozen different web hosting companies, so they either give you a One-Click install or it is a DIY experience with FTP and MySQL settings.
Marsha L.
catwingz
Portland, OR
Post #: 12
The installation was fine, it's what followed. They have some defaults on their servers that are apparently different from most hosts. The latest glitch caused all of the content to either move to the trash or disappear entirely. We have altered several defaults, setting things to rights, but it is not reassuring for the basic installation of a site and it's content to be catastrophic on multiple levels, thus my question about what their track record is with WordPress.
Daniel P.
tualatinweb
Tualatin, OR
Post #: 84
Wow, that is a very bad situation. I would never stick with a web host that cost me that much time and lost effort.

Here's another FatCow user that lost WordPress data: http://wordpress.org/...­
Marsha L.
catwingz
Portland, OR
Post #: 13
thanks. Yes, that sounds like a variation on what I have encountered. I'm going to check into when her hosting contract is up…
Daniel P.
tualatinweb
Tualatin, OR
Post #: 85
Every web host that I have worked with will simply refund any prepaid amount. So when you leave you get a refund.