How about combining four Portlander’s favorite activities into one event:
1. Finding and buying fresh and local food products
2. Sharing food with some friends
3. Having lunches on the rooftop with a view of downtown buildings and Mt. Hood
4. Listening to a live band
The plan is to have lunch and drink plus buy some produce from Farmer’s Market and then eat together at the building rooftop.
Everybody is responsible for his/her lunch and drink. You could check what’s available on Saturday Farmer’s Market online.
You will have three chances to find us:
1. 9:30 am. Our initial meeting place is Park Avenue Café (1525 SW Park Ave). We will wait for everybody there for 10 minutes and then head to Saturday Farmer’s Market located two blocks away
2. Between 9:40 – 11:00 am. We will be at Saturday Farmer’s Market. The Saturday Market is located at Portland State University in the South Park Blocks between SW Hall & SW Montgomery. View PSU Portland Farmers Market in a larger map.
3. 11:00 am, meet at Starbuck (1717 SW Park Ave). We will wait for ten 10 minutes and then we will go to a nearby rooftop building for our lunch.
What is provided at the rooftop:
- Plastic cups, paper plates, plastic utensils
More information about Portland Saturday Farmer’s Market could be found here.
Before you RSVP, this event has special notes:
- No alcohol.
- Be safe around rooftop.
- We were given access to the rooftop only. Please stay in the designated area.
- No extra guests.
- Respect private property.
- We need to be done by 12:30 pm
Parking location is around PSU. View PSU Portland Farmers Market map.
The waiting list for this event is not automatic. If you are waitlisted, please check your email to claim any open spots. Openings are very common on the day before the event. If you have a spot on the event and your plans change, please update your RSVP as soon as you know!
PLEASE respect foodie etiquette policy. In general:
1). If you haven't done so, please pay $5 membership fee online.
2). RSVP only if you intend to attend.
3). Change your RSVP at least a day ahead.
4). Be courteous of others by being on time.
5). No charge for this event. However, Please bring cash when you do shopping at the Farmer's Market
Members can RSVP starting Saturday, September 8, 2012 10:00pm