addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Portland Shiba Inu Meetup Group Message Board › My Baby Boy Neiva

My Baby Boy Neiva

user 3659781
Portland, OR
Post #: 236
I go out of town often for the business my wife and I run. This last time was a nightmare!

I have never had an issue with my dogs getting out of our property. But the last trip I took, these little buggers got out the first day I was out of town. I squirrel had eating a wire for the security fence and the dogs were able to just walk on out from the property.
I get a call from my brother in the early morning telling me the dogs were gone, the fence is closed but they are nowhere in the yard. My parents, sister and brother spend days trying to find them. My dogs are Chipped so I knew it would be a matter of time before they showed up. My only concern is moving vehicles and soft tissue of my babies.

After two days I finally get a call while going out of my mind, still while stuck out of town. My dog was brought into a vet and had been hit by a car. Nieva had a broken pelvis in two location on his left side. Quita was picked up and was unharmed.

Now I was faced with a decision while away, Neiva was fine other than the broken pelvis, no other injuries. But the broken pelvis was pushing on his colon so he was unable to pass. So decision had to be made quickly. There was no way I could be out of town, not say goodbye or make a decision without seeing my little brown eyes.

I am glad me and my spouse do what we do with our business in Herbalife, it has put us in a place financially where I could fix my little speed bump with a veterinary specialist out in Clackamas, NW Veterinary Hospital.
Thanks to some great Veterinary Doctors and with the help of my family we were able to save Nieva and he was able to walk the next day. There still is some recovery time, 8 weeks in all. I think Neiva is already tired of his kennel. But he is happy none the less. He is young and is recovery quickly.

Thank you all for listening and I have attached some photos and a video of the day after surgery.

Broken on the left hind side

a second angle

During surgery

6 Screws

Day after

A Little dirty from acting as a speed bump

all drugged up

The Day after Surgery

user 13690644
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
I'm so happy to hear that you were able to find both of your dogs and that after such a tragic ordeal that Neiva is going to be able to make a full recovery. I would be lost of I ever lost my Roxy, and was even in a position a week or so ago when I brought home a lost do who didn't have any tags, and wasn't chipped. Just goes to show how important it is to have all our four legged animals chipped with our current information. God bless and ill keep you and your family in my prayers.
Patricia H.
user 8651070
Portland, OR
Post #: 5
I'm so glad you found them and that Neiva is okay. I can't imagine what you must have been going through being out of town. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
user 3659781
Portland, OR
Post #: 237
Sorry the video is running in six seconds. I have to figure out why it did that and fix it.
I am very happy he was chipped and we were able to get him treated. I know he looks like an Eskimo, He is mixed with Eskimo. But he is all Shiba Inu
user 3843145
Portland, OR
Post #: 106
Good to see the little guy made it and is recovering well. Did Ybarra run as well? Seems odd that he'd just hang around the yard while the other two went to play, but I guess he's kind of hitting that age where he wouldn't be interested in all that nonsense.
user 3659781
Portland, OR
Post #: 238
No he stayed in the yard the whole time. They have a 1/4 acre to play on and a detached garage for their day time stays, they sleep inside at night. In the Garage they have a couch and love seat, all the food and water they can grub on. So Ibarra with his age I think enjoys his comfort more. But then he still had his collar on, and he is trained well and will stay in the fenced area as long as he has it on.
I am just happy he was smart enough to stay home. With his age if this had happened to him I would have had to put him down. Life is a mystery most of the time and I am glad it worked out this time.
Wyatt, Lizzie & T.
user 8390944
Portland, OR
Post #: 14
I am so glad that everything turned out good. I don't know what I would do being out of town and getting that call. I have heard so many good things about the vet. I am so glad that both Wyatt and Lizzie are chipped.
Powered by mvnForum

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy