The Portland Shiba Inu Meetup Group Message Board › New Dog Park at Cooper Mt.

New Dog Park at Cooper Mt.

Taka
user 7661445
Portland, OR
Post #: 91
Westside members,
A new dog park just opened a month ago in the Cooper Mt. Area. The main area is spacious and uniquely laid out with grass on a hillside. There are also small dog/winter use areas, water fountain for dogs, poop bags, and a mini agility course. My Shibas usually walk and sniff at dog parks but they were running up and down the hill and were even chasing each other around which is unusual at a dog park. This park would be a good site for a meetup but could be a bit far for those on the eastside. We have been going Hazeldale, just a few miles away, weekday late afternoons/evenings, but we'll probably start going to the new one as well. Check it out and maybe we'll see you there!
Logan
user 8997860
Portland, OR
Post #: 7
Is there any way you could provide an address or anything related to this new development? I just checked THPRD's website and it doesn't have this change yet. Thank you! smile
Taka
user 7661445
Portland, OR
Post #: 92
The name of the park is Winkelman. It just opened so you may not be able to find it on websites yet. Directions: From Hwy 8 or 10, take 170th south for about 2 miles, the street will end, turn right onto Rikert, stay on Rikert for about a mile towards the top of Cooper Mt. and you'll see the park on the right side.
Taka
user 7661445
Portland, OR
Post #: 93
Paul and Verna Winkleman Park
10139 SW 175th Ave.
Beaverton, OR 97007
Correction on directions: 170th South, right on Rigert, veer left onto 175th Ave., up the hill about a half mile, park on right side.
Not many know about the park yet so very few people.
Taka
user 7661445
Portland, OR
Post #: 94
We went to Winkleman today and met the THPRD Director of Comm. & Outreach. He stopped by to take some pics to put on their website (www.thprd.org). He said that there will be another dog park opening in about one month at PCC Rock Creek.
Logan
user 8997860
Portland, OR
Post #: 8
Cool, thanks for all the information!
Hachiko
milkybunny
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 1
Thanks for the information! I just checked out Winkelman Dog Park today and it wasn't crowded at all. Nice people...in fact most just discovered the place today! :)

I saw a picture of Taka and Koda! http://www.oregonlive.com/aloha/index.ssf/2013/06/alohas_newest_park_includes_2-.html­
Logan
user 8997860
Portland, OR
Post #: 11
Are we going to try a meetup there anytime soon? I know that Sen Ten would love an excuse to check out the park and play! :)
Hachiko
milkybunny
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 2
Are we going to try a meetup there anytime soon? I know that Sen Ten would love an excuse to check out the park and play! :)
It would be nice to have a meet up there! But unfortunately I'm only free in the evening on Saturday's or Sunday's (depending on work schedule). I am planning to regularly go there during those days so, if you would like to meet up individually...please let me know :)
I look forward to meeting you and your shiba(s)!