The Portland Shiba Inu Meetup Group Message Board › Free to good home

Free to good home

A former member
Post #: 3
seven yr old Shiba. 'Hunter' has lived in Eastern OR and has a houdini side that has him escape from his collar to run. He's a great dog but now has to go as we don't feel some would appreciate him eating their cat food outdoors. He is blind in one eye as a result of an escape and a crotchety neighbor taking a shot with a shotgun. Took a pellet in the eye but other than that has no health problems. He is unfixed so could potentially be bred, in fact this is why he escapes his leash. We live in a town of 150 people so he thinks its his whole back yard. He will have to be taken to a shelter if no one claims him. 503-807-9238 or 541-993-5296 asap
Logan
user 8997860
Portland, OR
Post #: 14
Is there any particular reason he was never neutered?
A former member
Post #: 4
I think they thought they might breed him at one point (my step daughters dog) Probably just the fact that he's been in such a small town and she & her mom were just trying to get acclimated after moving there unexpectedly.
Logan
user 8997860
Portland, OR
Post #: 15
How long until Hunter can no longer be kept at home?
A former member
Post #: 5
He is in Beaverton now awaiting someone to adopt him
Logan
user 8997860
Portland, OR
Post #: 16
Has NW Shibas 4 Life been contacted?
A former member
Post #: 6
I sent en email to them but no response. Next is to call direct. Was hoping for someone local to adopt him.
Logan
user 8997860
Portland, OR
Post #: 17
I would certainly call them directly
A former member
Post #: 7
I heard back and they do not have room for him at this time
Logan
user 8997860
Portland, OR
Post #: 18
If anyone in the group can take him, PLEASE help!