add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Portland Shiba Inu Meetup Group Message Board › New Organizer of the Portland Shiba Inu Meet-Up Group

New Organizer of the Portland Shiba Inu Meet-Up Group

Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Greetings Shiba Enthusiasts!
I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I am Maggie, the new organizer for the Portland Shiba Inu Meet-Up Group. If you've been to any of the meets over the last year, you may recognize me, my partner Mike and our Shiba, Emiko.
At the last meet-up at Normandale Park, I spoke with Juan about his concerns for continuing to organize the group. This was the only time I had the pleasure to meet Juan and I assured him that the group would not be abandoned.
My reference to our conversation is not a personal recommendation from Juan. I stepped up to organize entirely on my own.
A little background: This is my first official role as a Meet-Up organizer. I have lots of past group activity organization including the last two Portland Shiba Inu Meet-ups, a convention for 350 people, and quarterly meets for another hobby group.
Spending time with Emi is my favorite activity. Getting to spend time with the diverse and fascinating Shibas at the meet-ups is a highlight of our dog socializing time! Observing and conversing with other Shiba owners has enriched my education and passion for the breed. These are just two of the reasons I would like the group to continue to grow and flourish.
To start out with, I will be trying to schedule more regular fenced-in dog park meet-ups in all parts of the Portland Metro area. I would also like to organize future charitable functions and on-leash activities, such as hikes.
The Portland Shiba Inu Meet-Up group will always be free, but I will be setting up completely voluntary dues of $5 a year. This is only to off set the cost of fees charged by I have made the monetary transactions public to members for complete transparency.
I am very open to feedback or suggestions, so feel free to send me a message, email or speak to me at a meet. If any other members are interested in co-organizing, please contact me. I kindly request the current co-organizers contact me if they would like to continue being part of the organization team.
I am really excited to be engaged in such a wonderful community and I can't wait to see more of our brave, mischievous, fast, and clever companions!
Thanks a bunch!