The Portland Shiba Inu Meetup Group Message Board › Hillsboro puppy socializing

Hillsboro puppy socializing

Elizabeth C.
user 32884842
Hillsboro, OR
Post #: 1
Hi everyone! Are there any shiba owners near Hillsboro with healthy, vaccinated dogs that would want to meetup to help socialize a young puppy? My vet recommends waiting on parks and daycare unto she's got all her shots which is only 6 week'ishes away, but I'm anxious to get her some quality dog play time.
Melody
user 10711377
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 34
I'm in Aloha, so pretty near Hillsboro. My 4-year-old, Bonnie, loves other dogs, though I have not seen her reaction to a puppy.
Elizabeth C.
user 32884842
Hillsboro, OR
Post #: 2
We could give it a shot. Got any ideas on where to meet? My yard is pretty small, but we could use it. Every fenced place I know is a dog park.
Melody
user 10711377
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 35
It might need to be at your place, at least the first time. I have a fairly large fenced yard, but it has a pond in the middle of it, and the first thing any new dog does is jump in there! That makes for a wet stinky dog! And right now, the water lilies are blooming, and I don't want them trampled.
Elizabeth C.
user 32884842
Hillsboro, OR
Post #: 3
Lol. Sounds good. I'm free in the afternoon on the 12th and the morning of the13th if either of those options work.
Elizabeth C.
user 32884842
Hillsboro, OR
Post #: 4
I just realized that our shibas are from the same breeder, how exciting!
Tamara S.
user 14540589
Portland, OR
Post #: 6
Good idea. We didn't do this and Dexter isn't very fond of other dogs. He'll tolerate his cousins...if he has to. I've often wondered how he'd do with a puppy since they're smaller and not very threatening. We live in Forest Grove.
Ed H.
user 12786464
Portland, OR
Post #: 19
We live around the hwy 26 and 217 interchange and just brought home a 3 1/2 month old boy and might be interested in some play time too. We'd go to a meetup, but I'm a little worried about too many dogs.
Elizabeth C.
user 32884842
Hillsboro, OR
Post #: 5
Ours are about the same age. I'd meetup with you, but our yard won't work at the moment. It's half taken up bay canoe and it was small to begin with. If you know of a safe place let me know.
Ed H.
user 12786464
Portland, OR
Post #: 20
I'm fine to offer our yard, it is tiny too, but safe. It is a 5600 ft lot mostly occupied by the house. We are just north of Sunset TC (the Cedar Hills Blvd exit, heading north). Otherwise, I am still weary of dog parks until our boy is older.