New Orleans Permaculture Message Board › Shiitake cultivation pdf

Shiitake cultivation pdf

Joseph M.
user 12140585
New Orleans, LA
Hi gang,

Looks like details are slowly falling into place for the shiitake cultivation workshop. I've uploaded a pdf on the web with complete instructions and the requirements for the wood. You can view or download it from:

http://nolashaolin.co...­

If you want to read it on your computer (as opposed to a hard copy) you can to use Acrobat or Preview to rotate the document 90 deg CW.

The first page describes the particulars of shiitake cultivation. On the second page, general instructions about hardwood selection and cultivation begin. Relatively fresh logs (cut within 2 wks to 6 mos of inoculation) with undamaged bark are preferred. Ideal size is 3-4 ft. in length and 4-8 in. in diameter. We can use up to 20 logs of that size, more if they're smaller. If we can't get that many, no worries.

Some of you have emailed me to volunteer logs, or chainsaws, or a truck. I also have a truck we can use for transporting logs. Please let me know if your logs meet the above requirements.

Feel free to suggest good times and locations for the workshop. We can have it here at my garden at 4210 St Claude as long as we can get the logs here. The benefits of this location are: bathrooms, electricity, tools, and rainwater barrels on site.

Please contact me with any additional questions.

Thanks!

Joseph