addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

New Orleans Permaculture Message Board › The Mississippi River Basin Bioregional Permaculture Guild and The Gulf of M

The Mississippi River Basin Bioregional Permaculture Guild and The Gulf of Mexico Permaculture Guild

Ken B.
KenBenway
Gainesville, FL
Post #: 262
Hello everyone! I'm so happy to find this Meetup again! I was a member a few years back, got busy and left due to scheduling and priority issues. Now my priorities have shifted and I'm back.
I've been working with permaculture for just over 15 years and been a permaculture designer since Oct of 2000.

As a permaculture designer, my passion is watershed based bioregional permaculture design. I've got several bioregional projects in the works, from California's Owens Valley to the Florida Everglades, from Alaska to New Orleans, Portland ME to Long Beach Ca, in fact the entire planet is on our radar.

The Permaculture Guild based out of St Petersburg Fl is in the process of creating The Permaculture Guild Meetup Network. There are three major branches or aspects to this unfolding Global network of Meetup groups:

1. What I like to call "old paradigm" political structures, such as those we see in our current political structures, defined by existing cities or towns, counties (parishes in LA) , states and at the national level or country.

2. The second group of Meetups is what I like to call a new paradigm system, comprised of watershed based bioregions, self governing political systems, with most of the political power occurring at the local watershed level, and forming a confederacy of watershed communities seated at the largest river basin level.

In this new paradigm New Orleans would become the capital of all of the watershed based, bioregional self governing communities within the Mississippi River Basin, as just one example of many such confederacies, that would make up the North American continent and eventually the entire globe.

3. The third group of Meetups on the Network is designed to represent marine eco-systems or put another way, the oceans of the world.

So with respect to the Mississippi River Basin, we are concerned also with the Gulf of Mexico and how to eliminate the expanding dead zone, growing out of the Mississippi River Delta.

This Meetup Network is still in its infancy but our efforts with respect to restoring the Gulf of Mexico are centered around the 33 river basins that flow into the Gulf waters. Of these 33 river basins, The Mississippi River basin is the most problematic in terms of being the single largest source of pollution for the Gulf of Mexico.

We currently have 21 Meetup Groups in our growing network. I would like to share two of those that are most relevant to the people living in New Orleans.

Meetup.com/The-Mississippi-River-Basin­-Bioregional-Permaculture-Guild/

based out of New Orleans, and the second relevant group:

Meetup.com/The-Gulf-of-Mexico-Permacul­ture-Guild/

I strongly urge the members of this Meetup, to join both of these Meetup groups and get involved.

Thank you,
Ken Benway
The Permaculture Guild
St Petersburg Fl
ThePermacultureGuild.com
Meetup.com/ThePermacultureGuild/
Facebook.com/ThePermacultureGuild/