New Orleans Permaculture Message Board › Minutes from the Potluck meeting of January 26 th 2014.

Minutes from the Potluck meeting of January 26 th 2014.

Melanie
melanie80
Group Organizer
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 3
Hello all,

it was a very fun and fruitful meeting we had. I am posting the minutes from the meeting here, feel free to discuss with each other!

Ideas for future meeting:

Seed exchange.

Seed eggs and street beautification.

Composting: Bokashi explanantion and demonstration.

Edible wild plants walk with Tom.

Water filtration systems talks and experimentation.

Forest garden design.

Literary sources discussion and resource sharing.

Nola urban farmstead weekly Permaculture study group and work days.

Alternative energies: Kody's electric bike and upcoming race in March. (date?)

Future plans for Permaculture Design Certificate course for those who want to be certified in Permaculture,email me if you are interested.

Outdoor class in city park for edible wild plant class or Permaculture workshop on patterns and design.

We also had a sign up sheet with project that people are working on or wanting help with:

LA Bucket Brigade needs help with recycled materials for their event which will take place on earth day, if interested in learning more email Tim at r.timcampos@gmail.com

Turning a triple lot into a homestead, Contact Tom at TomMosakowski@gmail.com
Same project for Claire but I cant read the email sorry,also someone else is interested in that not sure of the name but email is creightonmuscato@gmail.com.

Hal wants to work on pond and water filtering you can reach him at hmhardy@gmail.com.

I am interested in cooking oriented topics,classes ... email me if you have an idea related to cooking! melstranghardy@gmail.com

Who wanted to do the tire planters idea?

Feel free to add to the list!