New Orleans Sustainable Living and Permaculture Message Board › possible rainwater harvesting workshop Sat July 24, 3-5pm

possible rainwater harvesting workshop Sat July 24, 3-5pm

Joseph M.
user 12140585
New Orleans, LA
Hi Folks!
Many have expressed interest in doing a rainwater harvesting workshop through this meetup group. I can host it at my garden/martial arts school at 4210 St Claude, corner of France St. My wife Helen and I have a system that has worked well for us over the last year, and we can demonstrate how we rigged the barrels and configured them. We have some neighbors who have systems of their own, who might share their knowledge with us as well.

I have all the tools necessary (hole saws, drills, files, etc.) but I don't have the materials on hand and will be too busy in the near future to collect the barrels, bathtub drain kits, plumber's putty, valves and pipes in time for a July seminar.

But if any of you are interested in helping with the preparations, we could hold the seminar next Sat afternoon 7/24, approximately 3-5pm. I would need someone to take responsibility for gathering the barrels and other materials. Central Grocery apparently sells their empty olive barrels for $5-10 each. All the other materials are available at any home improvement/hardware store.

The participants in the workshop who wanted barrels to take home would pay for their share of the materials. I'm guessing it would amount to around $30 per barrel.

Please let me know if you are interested in a) participating in the workshop 7/24, 3-5pm
and/or
b) helping gather the barrels and other materials.

Thanks!
Joseph Meissner
Meetup organizer