May 1, 2013 · 6:00 PM
Chapman Food Forest
We would love to invite you to a permaculture plant and seed exchange and discussion. If you don't have plants or seeds to share yet, that's OK! Come anyway, we'll share :) Please do not bring any hybrid seeds, it's important for us to be able to develop varieties specific to Southwest Florida. Plants that are known will be available include: comfrey bocking #4 and moringa trees. Countless seeds will be available.
Discussions will be open. You'll be able to bring up any topic you like. Some topics of interest we may want to discuss include:
- How to get essential and beneficial nutrients into the soil.
- What animals we want to create habitat for and how to do that.
- Which, "weeds" are in fact extremely beneficial plants?
- Fruit tree varieties that do well here.
- What nitrogen fixing plants do well here.
We can discuss anything though, so come armed with questions and points of discussion.
This meetup will be hosted by David Chapman at the Chapman Food Forest in Golden Gate Estates. If you would like to walk around the early stage 2.5 acre food forest, feel free to show up early.