Perspectives Book Club Message Board › Websites for Book Lovers

Websites for Book Lovers

Liz B
lizboltuc
Group Organizer
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 85
During past Meetups we have discussed various websites and social media sites that readers might be interested in. I thought I would post some of them here. Please feel free to post any other favorites that I did not mention and/or your "name" on the sites if you would like to connect to book club friends.

Goodreads - Kind of a Facebook for readers. Lets you list and comment on books you are reading, have read, are planning to read and connect with friends.

Lists of Bests - For the list lovers out there! Looking for something to read, listen to or watch? Lists of Bests lets you add lists for you to keep track of.
Lists include: Pulitzer Prize Winners, 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die, Perspectives Book Club Choices, 100 Greatest Books Ever Written and many many more.

Cuyahoga County Public Library - No list would be complete without our library. Did you know that both the Cleveland Public Library and Cuyahoga County Public Library rank in the Top 25 US Public Libraries in the United States?

Bookcrossing - It's the World's Library. It's a smart social networking site. It's a celebration of literature and a place where books get new life. BookCrossing is the act of giving a book a unique identity so, as the book is passed from reader to reader, it can be tracked and thus connecting its readers. There are currently 1,254,667 BookCrossers and 9,250,107 books travelling throughout 132 countries.
Liz B
lizboltuc
Group Organizer
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 86
If you would like to add me as a friend on Facebook, Goodreads, Lists of Bests etc. please feel free to send me a request. I am either listed as my whole name, Elizabeth Boltuc, or by Liz_z (Lists of Bests).
Sharon
user 7849860
Broadview Heights, OH
Post #: 15
I also like PaperBackSwap.com as a way to get rid of books I might not want but someone else does, and in turn, I get credit so I can request another book from someone else!