perth.js Message Board › Ideas for perth.js talks

Ideas for perth.js talks

Brad W.
bradward
Perth, AU
Post #: 2
Hey all, it's about time we schedule the next Perth.JS talk... does you have any topics you'd like to see covered? (eg. JS MVC/MVVM frameworks, NodeJS, single page apps). Or any topics you'd like to speak about?? War stories would be awesome :)

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Gary M.
user 9613149
Perth, AU
Post #: 1
I could talk about https://github.com/bu...­ but not between April 26th-May 5th
Marcus H.
user 31426012
Perth, AU
I'm curious about 'higher order javascript' ... it's a term that gets bandied about but I can't get a decent grip on it. I'm assuming it's all about using the language elements more elegantly (map() instead of iterations, recursive lambda closures instead of plain old data structures, and so on).

How have people made the transitions from 'lower order programming' and what spurred them to do this?

I'm looking at teaching/mentoring coding, what would be a useful approach to teaching basic JS and then 'higher' JS?
James D
user 21782971
Perth, AU
good idea - after the last meetup I suggested this kind of topic to a couple of the organisers, and wrote up most of a talk including higher order functions for data processing, but I won't be available to present until May or later, and unfortunately I can't present on Tuesday nights.
Jared
Jazzza001
Perth, AU
I've never been to one of your meetups but if I were to attend one, I'd like to talk about some of the frameworks and libraries out there. Stuff like Ember.js, NodeJS, those kinds of things.
Gary M.
user 9613149
Perth, AU
I've been working on an EmberJs app, and would be happy to talk about it