PhillyJS Message Board › Call for topics and presenters

Call for topics and presenters

Linus G.
user 8456694
Philadelphia, PA
Hey folks,

We're working on the next meetup which will be a presentation night. For both this and future meetups, we're looking for topic and presenter suggestions. Please send 'em on over!

Thanks,

Linus and Reed
A former member
Post #: 1
CoffeeScript talked about yet?
Also two javascript libraries that I am currently looking at D3.js & Fabric.js are pretty interesting.

-angel
Mark H.
mheadd
Syracuse, NY
Post #: 7
Would love to see a presentation that covers realtime web apps in depth. From long polling to websockets, server-sent events to BOSH.

Would be great information to have, understanding the differences between the different transports, browser support for each and tools that can be used for building realtime web apps.

- Mark
Carl
cesutherland
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
I do data visualization work and have been hard at work on my own library. I would be interested in presenting on my own work and data vis for the web in general. Such a presentation would consist mostly of demos in a browser and code snippets. Many of the demos deal with the edge of what is possible in a modern browser, performance-wise.

Whoever runs this show can reach out to me offband and we can talk about it more, if interested.

Bullet points:

• SVG / Canvas
  • Compatibility
  • Raphael, d3.js, various canvas graphing libraries
  • Performance, Interactivity and Animation