|Sent on:||Saturday, February 9, 2013 8:49 AM|
We are one week away from RedSnake Philly 2013! In preparation for the event, I wanted to make a few announcements and address a few logistics.
0. The talks are posted here: http://redsnakephilly.org/speakers/
1. Tickets. You need to have a ticket to enter the event. If you did not acquire a ticket via Ticket Leap, please be respectful and do not come. There was plenty of time and notification to acquire a ticket. This is very important as there are safety codes at the venue that we must comply to. Additionally, our excellent sponsors have provided food, beer, gifts, etc. for 200 people -- the number of tickets we issued.
2. Caveat on #1 above. If you are a speaker or sponsor, you do not need a ticket. That being said, if you are a speaker or sponsor and have a ticket please contact me, Mat, or Angel so that we can void your ticket and reissue new ones (to help the slackers that didn't get a ticket when we said they should). NOTE: If you are a speaker, you know who you are. The "sponsor" thing is a bit grey. You are a sponsor if your company is listed here: http://redsnakephilly.org/sponsors/ and you are "working the table," and you are not a PhillyPUG regular. Let me give you a few examples, just to be clear:
Ex #1. SIG is a sponsor. Zanaya does not need a ticket, while John G. does. However, Dave R. does not (he is a speaker).
Ex #2. Monetate is a sponsor. Britt does not need a ticket, while Tom J. does. However, Jeff Persch does not (he is a speaker).
I think you get the point. If you have specific concerns, please contact me off-list to discuss.
3. According to SEER, there is parking near the Piazza which is just a short walk from the church.
4. Once in side the church, there are two levels in the venue area. On the main floor there are pews and a podium just in front of the alter (where the speakers will speak). Additionally, there is a balcony where there is more seating capacity than on the main floor. So, during the talks, you may want to find a seat up there if the pews are filled and you don't want to stand.
5. We have some awesome sponsors: http://redsnakephilly.org/sponsors/
Many of them will have tables at the event. Go over to them and talk with them. Get some corporate swag. Get a new job.
6. There will be beer (some of Mike D's now famous RedSnake Ale and some commercially brewed stuff). Be responsible. Be smart.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me. I look forward to seeing all of you next week. Have a great weekend.
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Tom Panzarella ([address removed]) from The Philadelphia Python Users Group (PhillyPUG).
To learn more about Tom Panzarella, visit his/her member profile: http://www.meetup.com/phillypug/members/1127918/
Set my mailing list to email me
As they are sent
In one daily email
Don't send me mailing list messages
Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [address removed]