addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Philadelphia Python Users Group (PhillyPUG) Message Board › Are you a women wanting to go to Google I/O?

Are you a women wanting to go to Google I/O? Apply for a chance to receive a discounted ticket.

Dana B.
user 3737362
Philadelphia, PA
Hello women of PhillyPUG!
The PyLadies leadership team has shared the following information with us:
Google has set aside a block of 50 tickets for PyLadies that are available at a hugely discounted rate: $300 instead of the normal $900. The catch is that there is no financial aid available -- you'll need to pay your own travel & hotel.
If you're interested in applying for one of these tickets, fill out this Google Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lK9gOqSZKpFu9ZZ_DSDHzYiOQRAgqUYGnBIqcD2vJL0/viewform­
Additional Details:
**PLEASE NOTE**: No additional financial aid will be given! You are responsible for your own funds, travel arrangements, etc. Feel free to coordinate on the PyLadies Google Group mailing list or others (e.g. DevChix, Systers, etc) for roommates, etc. The women of PhillyPUG can still apply even though we don't have a PyLadies chapter here in Philly.
About Google I/O:
* June 25th & 26th
* San Francisco, CA at Moscone Center
* $300 for a ticket (versus $900 of the regular sticker price)
* Social networking opportunities for women
* Link: https://www.google.com/events/io­
Requirements:
* Identify as a woman (emphatically trans & queer friendly)
* Are *not* a Google employee
* Are able to arrange and pay for your own travel and stay (absolutely NO additional financial aid will be given)
* You are applying for yourself (not on behalf of someone else)
* Not already signed up/registered to attend
General Criteria (including, but not limited to):
* Usage of Google Apps, products, and APIs
* Involvement with PyLadies, Python, and/or the Open Source community
* Ability to give back to Python/PyLadies community
Timeline:
* Applications due: Friday, May 9th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time
* Notifications of recipients: Friday, May 16th (roughly)
* Award recipients must register within 2 weeks of receiving award letter and signup process

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.
Cheers,
Dana