Socrates Cafe Message Board › you are all so awesome!

you are all so awesome!

A former member
Hi Everyone!

You were all so wonderful last night! It was a great experience being together with so many people, so many NEW people....and that includes so many new perspectives.

I appreciated every single one of you, even those of you who never said one word. Thank you for coming. I hope you can come again.

I want to emphasize that Socrates Cafe will never and SHOULD never be about agreement. It will never be my goal to end the group session in a mutual agreement. The purpose of this group is to listen and share. Isn't it fascinating to realize how we all construct our own little bubble of life? Maybe it's our "box" or maybe it's something else...but we all individualize our own system of living and believing. Isn't it a great honor to be able to look into eachother's worlds?

Thank you for sharing, thank you for being willing to speak up and throw in your own piece to the puzzle. I am challenged in my own thoughts and I feel like my world becomes so much bigger when I take the time to allow other people in a little.

Please be bold when we meet together. Don't be afraid to disagree or to challenge someone elses confidence. As long as you keep respect as a filter, that is the foundation of Socrates Cafe!

I hope you can all come again, and I hope you can bring more friends. I am thrilled, blessed, honored.....excited to facilitate this group.

Am I hearing that the cookies were a hit? I suppose I can make that happen again :-)

I appreciate any feedback!

For those of you who brought friends, please make sure to forward this message on to them since I don't have their email addresses.

Thanks,
--April